Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I adopted a teacup chihuahua and he has mixture of smooth hair and wire hair. He looks like chihuahua and is supposed to be purebred but not so sure. I seen papers and parents. I attached photos please let me know what you think.. He is a cutie either way was just wondering what you think

Instagram
Instagram

Edit: sorry this I my first time owning a chi didn't realize it was such a bad thing calling the, teacup that is just hat the people said I adopted him from.

What do you guys think about this site where others say they have a wire? I am used to owning pitbulls.
Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A Wire-haired Chihuahua? When Our Short...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Welcome to CP!

I hate to say it, but I think you have a mutt. From what I understand Chihuahuas only come in 2 varieties, smooth coat and long. And there is no such thing as a teacup chi. It's just a term some people use to make small breeds sound more appealing. It doesn't matter though, your chi is a real cutie! :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
agreed , there is no such thing as a tea cup, breeders, sellers, people that wanna make money will say anything to sell there pups. Now i do know some breeders will tell u it will be tea cup size, or micro tea cup size, or tiny toy, or toy , and or just reg chi , but that doesnt really mean anything , i think in some cases its just a way for them 2 kind of explain what size it will be. In my opinion they cant really guess or say what size, they are like us in a way i think. When we r born they dont say oh its going 2 be a short fat human, or a skinny tall bald person. We are all diferent, just like chis. Chihuahua is a breed, weather its tiny, small or regular size. either way they are all gorgeous dogs :), and your doggie is precious.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so my next question is when I did research I came across this.. What do you think about this.. Sorry I'm new to owning chihuahuas, I have always had pitbulls.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Whatever he is, he is filled with love and you are wonderful to adopt him. Such a little and precious guy.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
oh my what a cute pup...that "wire" hair is most likely some terrier mixed in ther...he is really sweet looking. what is the name...teacup ?? hahaha sorry couldn't resist...I am just waiting for someone to come on here with a dog named teacup.;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
oh my what a cute pup...that "wire" hair is most likely some terrier mixed in ther...he is really sweet looking. what is the name...teacup ?? hahaha sorry couldn't resist...I am just waiting for someone to come on here with a dog named teacup.;)
what a great name for a chi!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
EEek he is so cute! I agree with the others though; the wire coat means somewhere along the lines another breed was mixed in. But, it could be a couple generations back in the lineage; his body shape and head shape look all chihuahua to me.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Edit: sorry this I my first time owning a chi didn't realize it was such a bad thing calling the, teacup that is just hat the people said I adopted him from.

What do you guys think about this site where others say they have a wire? I am used to owning pitbulls.
Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A Wire-haired Chihuahua? When Our Short...
I'm guessing that these people don't know much about the breed....

BTW there's need to be sorry. Sounds like you're willing to learn about chis, which is always a good thing. :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
U made me giggle*** hehe

·
Registered
801 Posts
He's adorable! 100% Chi or 50% or whatever,
he's still super cute and I'm glad you got him!

What's his name ? Where are you from ?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hi Chandra, you and I are on opposite sides
of the states. I'm in Florida. How cold is it
now in Alaska ?

What is your pup's name ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
His name is brownie:).. Where I live right now is 27 degrees. But can get in the negatives at night. We were actually all over the news cause of our snow storm recently. I would love to be in florida

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Chandra & Christa, you girls both live in beautiful places!
I would not mind spending half a year living in Alaska, and
half in Florida. :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts