1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13758730
I'm adopting her in about a month.:coolwink:
And I want to train her tricks.
I am also Re naming her Assorted Flavors aka Taffy. (The full name was thought of by NeonHalo).
Any tips?
My family has 2 little kids, in the 1-4 group. Another dog (Boxer + Greyhound) and possibly another Chi. We also have 3 cats.
:angel13:

I can't wait.
I'm in the 9-15 age group, and am selling my DS console, and other stuff to raise $200 so I can buy things for her. :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I am also Re naming her Assorted Flavors aka Taffy. (The full name was thought of by NeonHalo).
Any tips?
My family has 2 little kids, in the 1-4 group. Another dog (Boxer + Greyhound) and possibly another Chi. We also have 3 cats.

I can't wait.
I'm in the 9-15 age group, and am selling my DS console, and other stuff to raise $200 so I can buy things for her. :)
Oh you do sound sweet selling all your stuff, let us know how you get on with her,she looks adorable.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I commend you on adopting. Do make sure that your Boxer/Greyhound mix will fair well with a toy breed, make sure and supervise them together for awhile after introducing them. Greyhounds have a high prey drive so if it is mixed in you may want to make sure that they prey drive isnt there;-)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Boxers and Greyhounds are pretty big dogs as you well know. As Yoshismom said, do you think they'll get on with a Chi, toy breed? How are they with other dogs in general?
What about the 2 little ones in your family? Do they get on with the dogs you already have? If you're getting a Chi from a rescue do you know if it will mix well with small children?

L

·
0 Posts
adoption

Any tips?

I can't wait.
Congratulations. She's a little cutie. Has your adoption been approved? Just wondered why you're having to wait a month. I'd be in such a state trying to wait that long!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What happened to your bigger mixed breed dog?

How are your parents feeling about getting a Chi? Is your sister going to get one too?

Have you talked to the rescue groups that have them?

I know. Lots of questions. That's cuz I'm nosy, forgive me. :)

Brodysmom

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What happened to your bigger mixed breed dog?

How are your parents feeling about getting a Chi? Is your sister going to get one too?

Have you talked to the rescue groups that have them?

I know. Lots of questions. That's cuz I'm nosy, forgive me. :)

Brodysmom
PM me for the bigger dog thing.
No..But Star Is a pure. I have compared her to many other pure chis and she looks just like on.
They are iffy. But they have these "Dog points" And I have 80. So that means I'm %80 of getting my chi. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am not adopting that one anymore. :) I'm adopting a White Chi named star..
And the mix breed big dog is not with us anymore.
Ekk, here we go again! "3 days until the big day..." says you signature but no go ahead from Mum or Dad yet. Do you know how long the whole adoption process takes? A good while. Like I've said before, wait until you've got the go ahead from Mum and Dad and then start with a countdown signature. The one you have at the moment isn't true and should be changed, unless of course you want everyone asking "Have you got her yet?" and "How's the first day with your new baby going?" etc. etc.
Not to mention, saying this Chi (Star) is yours could put potential buyers off looking at her because they think she's already yours :( It's not fair on this Chi who needs a forever home, and it's not fair on those looking to adopt her if they think she's already gone :foxes15: You're actually contributing towards this Chi NOT finding a forever home :(
While saying all this, flogging a dead horse comes to mind right about now. Poor little Star, I wish she would find a forever home.... and soon!

It's kinda hard saying this actually because it's what I truly feel but I have to remember I'm also talking to a 10 year old :mad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts