Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I discovered that Peppi's "premolar" (not sure if that's correct) tooth is loose, just on one side, the gums there are bit red, but not too much. The tooth itself seems fine, little bit darker than others, but still white. Last time when we were at vets with Peppi, the vet said that her teeth are in excellent condition, that was October 2009. I am so scared now, I don't want her to loose her teeth, she is only 2.5 years old!! We are going to the vet later this evening, but our vet is out on holidays, but I still made an appointment, although I don't really like the other vet there at the clinic :(
Is it actually possible to save tooth that's already loose?? Does this means surgery??

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My sheltie has a tooth covered with tartar and is booked in for a dental but he's 13,yours is only young do you think it may have been knocked with a chew or something? or it's a baby tooth still there with the other tooth coming through dislodging it ?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She had her baby teeth removed by a Vet, when she was a year old, maybe they have missed that!?! Not sure!! And the tooth looks fine to me, not bad at all, she has no tartar, all her teeth are pure white, just this one now is bit darker.
I just hope she won't lose this one...
Thanks Michelle :)

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Best have them seen to. And it's not that big a deal if she has a few teeth out. Cookie has had most of his out but still eats stuff ok. He just has to have smaller pieces.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We went to the Vet, all her teeth are in perfect condition, no tartar, no sing of infection or gum disease. So it must have been knocked with some chew or bone!?! We have to wait and see if it needs to be removed. Well sooner or later it will happen anyway, but i just hope she won't need to go under anesthesia again :(

Thanks Michele and MarieUkxx :hello1:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
My sheltie has a tooth covered with tartar and is booked in for a dental but he's 13,yours is only young do you think it may have been knocked with a chew or something? or it's a baby tooth still there with the other tooth coming through dislodging it ?
Just a bit of reassurance for you Cookie had his last dental work at 13 and he was ok. I made sure I had the pre op bloods done.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Just a bit of reassurance for you Cookie had his last dental work at 13 and he was ok. I made sure I had the pre op bloods done.
Thanks i'm sure he will be ok,he had it done about a year ago, teeth out and a descale ,it's just when you have to leave them and they give you that pathetic look ,makes you feel so guilty.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
We went to the Vet, all her teeth are in perfect condition, no tartar, no sing of infection or gum disease. So it must have been knocked with some chew or bone!?! We have to wait and see if it needs to be removed. Well sooner or later it will happen anyway, but i just hope she won't need to go under anesthesia again :(

Thanks Michele and MarieUkxx :hello1:
It will probably fall out on it's own and you won't know anything about it.Glad all was ok

1 - 10 of 10 Posts