Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a questions about advantage when using little dogs. Even though its too late, because I put it on her.
Is it 100% safe for her?? I mean, of course its good for fleas, but what if somehow she gets it on one of her back paws when scratching, and then licks her paws??? Wouldn't she get Ill?? I am always so scared about things like this when it comes to my pets...I DO watch her all the time (she still only 2 pounds), But I cant watch her when she is in her crate sleepiing. I am just kinda worried now that I let my mind wander. Now I am just hoping that I can get some reassurance! :roll:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Cherie---In the future I would only use 1/2tube of the Advantage. I have used it on my Chi's, it is a good product. I only use it in the summer tho.
I use a the full amount on my two males, they way 6lbs. I only use half the amount on Chloe(3lbs).

It is for fle control... sandra

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I use Advantage on both my chi and my terri-poo. They use different strengths based on their weight. We did not have one flea last season !!!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
us the right one for her weight and don't worry, unless she eats a tube of it don't worry about her possibly transferring it to her paw to her mouth...

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
The only problem with Advantage is that it has an alcohol content (for quick drying) and that tends to make dogs/cats nauseas and cause significant drooling. Other than that it shouldn't pose any serious health problems for incidental exposure. One thing you can do if you are worried, is to apply it right before your chi goes to sleep, or apply it, and then use a hair dryer on "cool" to dry the product quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts