Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had the new baby Eleanor for a little over a week. Slowly Bella is getting used to her, and they are starting to play together.

Obviously the baby is sleeping in her kennel beside the bed, no where near where Bella goes, and Bella has her usual run of the bed with me and Hubby. Nothing has changed other than the baby is in the room with us.

About 6 nights ago, Bella hopped down to the end of the bed , between 1 and 3 am and starts barking like mad, and will not stop.

For the past two nights, we've had to get up and put her in her x pen in the living room to get some sleep.

Also, the baby puppy is sleeping through the night, so its not that that's wkaing her up.

Any and all ideas or solutions would be helpful!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey Marie,
She won't stop? Oh poor Bella. Something is making her bark. Did any neighbors get a new pet or could she be hearing Eleanor moving in her sleep? I just grap Sybil for she is my only barker and hold her close to me in the bed and pet until she settles down. I won't let her go either. She usually settles down after awhile, usually after cleaning her feet, which she is obsessed with.

E-mail me later.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
If you have had the new puppy a week, and Bella started this behavior 6 nights ago, it sure sounds like it is related somehow. Even though she seems to be adjusting and accepting the new puppy, maybe it's jealousy?

If the puppy is sleeping through the night in the crate, maybe you could put her crate in another room for a night or two and see if the middle of the night barking stops.

Other than that, I really don't know. Maybe someone else will have some thoughts/suggestions.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8batch said:
Hey Marie,
She won't stop? Oh poor Bella. Something is making her bark. Did any neighbors get a new pet or could she be hearing Eleanor moving in her sleep? I just grap Sybil for she is my only barker and hold her close to me in the bed and pet until she settles down. I won't let her go either. She usually settles down after awhile, usually after cleaning her feet, which she is obsessed with.

E-mail me later.
yup, the neighbors on the other side of the house (not the bedroom window side) goit an outside dog (don't get me started) last weekend..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chimom said:
If you have had the new puppy a week, and Bella started this behavior 6 nights ago, it sure sounds like it is related somehow. Even though she seems to be adjusting and accepting the new puppy, maybe it's jealousy?

If the puppy is sleeping through the night in the crate, maybe you could put her crate in another room for a night or two and see if the middle of the night barking stops.

Other than that, I really don't know. Maybe someone else will have some thoughts/suggestions.
thanks chi mom, that is a good suggestion, we're going to start eliminating things tonite. Hubby is haveing a hard time with getting woke up in the middl eof the night. He suffers from migraines and I don't want this to trigger one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts