Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a beautiful Chi called Candy, but she is driving us nuts with barking. She a lovely little dog and is very good until the door bell rings or someone comes into the house, then she goes into a frenzy of barking and nothing we say or do gets through, if by chance she stops the minute they move it starts her of again. Taking her for a walk is a nightmare as she barks and lunges at everyone we pass. I have tried various things to alter this behaviour but so far nothing has worked. If anyone has any suggestions of how to stop this I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
733 Posts
my oldrr girl is the same but she is getting better. at the puppy class for my younger one there was a large puppy that barks and the trainer says to redirect the behaviour. its working a tad witht my girl. slow improvements! but she's defo improving with it

·
Registered
49 Posts
we just got the sunbeam ultrasonic egg. our 3 were getting completely out of control with their barking and i wasn't comfortable with any other products on the market. it worked within 20 seconds, i felt guilty at first but we moved it closer to the door so it only goes off if they're barking in a "someone's at the door" frenzy . they literally stop barking as soon as they get to the doorway that the egg is in. i say "QUIET" when they bark hoping to train them to associate "QUIET" with the annoying sound they're hearing so they'll eventually learn to stop acting crazy at the sound of my command and not need the egg's sound to correct them but for now it's working great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts