Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H everone, need some advice on taking charchi out in crowded places. I walk charchi usually twice a day for about 20 mins to half an hour, we usually walk around where we live, so it,s about mediate in noise, but he will only walk where he wants to go, so usualy it,s the quite streets and he wont go past certain points, he,ll stop and refuse to budge and we take the same couple of routes every day. I have tried for ages to get him to go past these points, but no hope, i dont mind this though it,s all about him feeling safe and comfortable , and i want him to enjoy our walks as much as i do. With saying all of that,i dont feel thats a problem, problem seems to be when i take him out to the main street shopping, where theres lot more people, traffic ext. Again he,ll walk a little bit then stops and refuses to walk, i think the whole scene just feels very uncomfortable for him,so my question to you guys is should, i just leave him at home when i go shopping? and just stick to our walks where he feels comfortable? thanks janet

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I know what you are going through! I am in the process of working with Angel on that very thing. When I walk him I have to walk where there's traffic because we live on a short dead end and I have to go through heavy traffic are for about 2tenths of a mile to get to the quiet streets. At first I felt bad and stopped when cars went by, but now I just pull him along and after he "recovers" I give him a small treat. He is improving a lot! I don't want to tramatize him but he will eventually be okay with the noise! You just got to coax him along and little by little he will come around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.