Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum and so pleased i found it, i've been worrying myself sick all week about my little baby's appointment on fri for spaying. I'm sure there are people here who can reassure me i'm doing the right thing. My little bella is 11 months old and weighs 2.1kg, she is pet only and I would never dream of breeding from her so have been advised to have her spayed. I'm really scared of the anaesthetic and everything. Please could anybody advise me of their experiences. Thank you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Your baby will be fine and you are doing the best thing for her. My jax was neutered 9 days ago and is his normal, happy, goofy self. Best wishes

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Bella will most probablly get through the surgery much better than you. :) She will do fine. Just know that she may be sleepy the first night and then you will have a little problem keeping her calm after that as she will want to do everything as normal. You can ask if you can bring home some pain meds, usually they only need soimething the first night if at all. My two boys just got done a week and a half ago, Pepper needed something for pain that night, Smoke didn't. By the next day, they were fine.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Lily was fine after her spay,i cut the legs off a babygrow so she didn't have to wear one of those horrid collars

·
Registered
256 Posts
I feel the same as you - Pixel is in a week Monday to be spayed.

How does the baby gro thing work? I am worried she will be at her stitches and have been looking at alternatives. I'd love to know how to do this one as it sounds like it could be perfect.

I keep telling myself that my vet has neutered LOADS of my guinea pigs (I run a rescue) and he also neuters cats which are sometimes small like Pixel.

Nothing can reassure me though and I can't wait for it all to be over.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all so much for your advice, I won't stop worrying till she's home safe and sound though, I'l keep you informed. thanks so much. x

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Just get a babygrow the one with poppers ,cut the arm bits off and the legs,put it on her with the poppers over her back not her tummy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i was the exact same way with my chi...and she was fine! i cried when i dropped her off and worried all day til she came home that night and worried til she was back to her old self again which took about 2 days! everything will be fine!

·
Registered
768 Posts
i think its natural when ever 1 of our chi`s has to go under... i cried all day when Lola got spayed it was the worst feeling EVER!
She was absoultly fine tho, They sent her home with pain relief only because they know Lola and they described her as "prescious"!!
She didnt touch her stitches but she still thought she could jump on and off the sofa which scared the hell out of me!!
I took a week off work to make sure she was ok, and she recovered really well :)
Doesnt make it easier for when its Pennys turn tho, i`ll be crying again!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts