Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 19 month old girl who still needs to go for a wee and sometimes a number two during the night. This is however intermittent and sometimes she can go for a week without waking up to go out and then a week of waking us every night, we don't change her routine at all and was wondering if anyone could advice. Thank You.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's on James Wellbeloved pouches for her main meals and the kibble is down for grazing, the kibble is shared though with my yorkie so she's not eating it all herself. She has her last meal at 6.00pm. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would probably not free feed her, but instead feed her meals. That way you will have a better idea of when she needs to go potty. You may need to pick up her water a couple of hours before bedtime as well. And, of course take her out right before bedtime.

She's on James Wellbeloved pouches for her main meals and the kibble is down for grazing, the kibble is shared though with my yorkie so she's not eating it all herself. She has her last meal at 6.00pm. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
You could try changing her J/W food,to Arden grange/Ziwi Peak/Accana.Mine can't take J/W at all gives them the runs,so could be the cause ???????

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi i think picking up the water after shes had her last dinner and eaten well and make sure shes drank well and take her out maybe twice before bedtime good luck

·
Registered
475 Posts
James Wellbeloved, as I've heard, doesn't agree with alot of dogs' stomachs. I reccomend Nature's Variety foods, such as Instinct, or foods like Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo, or Natural Balance. Wellness is also a good food.

Take up water three hours before bedtime, take her out before bedtime and as soon as you get in, simply place her in bed after saying goodnights. I also reccomend laying out some puppy pee pads for her in case of accidents, or if she has to go to the bathroom she may not wake you up as much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Feeding meals has helped me tremendously also give her her last meal earlier if possible. I was feeding at 6 and changed to between 4 and 5 and it made a huge difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts