Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted some advice:)

As I've mentioned the breeder I got Bruiser from is expecting pups this week,so in about 8 weeks I could have a new pup!

But part of me keeps thinking dont get a pup from her,because I already have two chis what are average sized and I really want my 3rd dog to be 2/3pound small!

But If I dont get one from her,I could be waiting all year and still not find my dream dog:/ and not to mention the prices because all the adverts for small chis are like £1000/2000:(

And my friend did get a chi from this breeder what turned out 4pound so maybe one of her pups this time will be small. But again I dont want to pay like £1000 like another of my friends and her dog turned out bigger than all mine and it was supposed to be small.

I keep looking on pets 4 homes and I just carnt see any adverts were the pup is tiny. Any ideas? Uk people when you got you tiny chi was it advertised as been small or did it just end up being small??

thanks xxx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I have a 2 lb. chihuahua, but I wish he were bigger. He's so small I worry constantly about him getting injured. Also, when they are unusually small, they can be at higher risk for medical problems, including liver shunts. You may just find a puppy you fall in love and not care about size.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know they are alot more delicate and have more health issues but I have wanted one for years:/
I love the two I have and their not super tiny and I'd love any I dog I'd get in the future regardless of the size but I'll still in the back of my head want just one of "the crew" to be a super tiny lol.

I think what I'll do is go see this pup when its born and see what I think :)
I dont come across many advertised though,all the small ones are just advertised as "teacup" and are like £2000 and you know they will probs grow up big lol

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Instead of looking at places like Pets For Homes, try contacting the british chihuahua club and getting a list of breeders from there - Mostly they know their lines and would have a much better idea of how big their pups will get than any of the breeders on there

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont they have huge waitlist though with them?or is that just when your adopting? I'll have a look and carnt hurt to call and find out

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
As you know i have Dottie 1lb 7oz at nearly 7 months ,she is tiny tiny but as said before if you have other dogs like i have i'm constantly watching that the others don't tread on her or play too rough,she is always cold so needs extra heating,have to watch she doesn't fall off the settee as she could break her legs,etc etc.I wouldn't change for the world but until you have a tiny one you don't realise the hazzards.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
A lot of breeders do have a waiting list but not all - The breeders the BCC have a list are members of the club, but run totally seperately - they sell their pups to whoever they feel is the best owner for their puppies - nothing to do with the adoption waiting list.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi i know what you mean by tiny and they grow to 7pounds and up some of my friends paid quite alot for their chihs supposed to be under 4pounds and they grew alot more than exspected but once their yours you love them so good luck finding your perfect chih

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well having spoke to my bf, I've decided to not get one from bruisers breeder as like he stated I'm best of waiting for the perfect one and not just getting the one from her as its easiest.
I'm gunna ring all the breeders on the british chihuahua rescue and keep a look out!Price doesnt matter anymore but Ideally I want a pup whats just born and ready in about 8 weeks !

So if you come across or no any breeder that will have a tiny 2/3 pound chi ready in about 8 week or around that time,let me no!! xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts