Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just was able to rescue a chihuahua from under a bridge in the country, he is extremely amaciated, scared, quiet, untouchable, starving, probably wormy, etc. i am taking him to the vet to get medical care and fixing but what can i do to socialize him when he comes home? he doesnlt let you touch him, he just pulls himself in a corner and looks at you with those huge serious eyes. help

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would give him time sit on the floor and have some boil chicken in your hands and talk baby talk to him soft sweet boy to him. I am glad you found him and he has you to take care of him. Glad to see he is going to the vet to get the work up going. But getting him to warm up to you will need time and waiting. Always saying good boy no matter what if he pottys int he ouse dont say anything as he will just be uneasy. get him out of the uneasy stage slowly...i hope he will come around remember it could be days to weeks to maybe a month or so before he is truly socialize...

Good luck

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Aww poor baby you need to give him a safe space like a crate use food to entice him out to do things!!! Once he has your trust and Is healthy I would sign up for basic obedience and walk him treat him as you would a puppy slow and steady will win the race

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Lots and Lots of Patience. I would hold out your hand with treats & stuff in it, and let him come to you. Don't force the issue too much or it might scare him worse. Bless your heart for rescuing the little guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts