Chihuahua People Forum banner

Advice

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ReichertCaleb 
#1 ·
Hi guys

My names Kate and this is my first post!
We brought our little lady a week ago. Her name is Pixie, she is a smooth coat Chihuahua and is 9 weeks old.
She went for her first trip to the vets a few days ago and had her first jabs. I asked them to look at some dry skin she has on the lower part of her back. When you move her fur it’s dry and flakey. She isn’t itching like it’s bothering her and vet said it wasn’t bacterial or in need of treatment but I just wondered if anyone had any tips on how to clear it up for her?
The vet also mentioned about her ‘soft spot’. I wasn’t aware that this was a thing with apple head chihuahua’s. She said Pixie’s was a little bigger than normal and they would keep an eye on it. It did worry me a little so any reassurance about this would be fabulous.
This is my first chihuahua and I am totally in love. She’s an absolute delight. Eats well sleeps well at night and is doing really well with her toilet training!
Look forward to hearing from
Thanks
Kate x

See less See more
#2 ·
She's adorable! I have no experience with moleras (the soft spot), but as to the dry skin - you want to make sure that she is getting enough fluids and fats in her diet. I would feed a good quality wet food (whether canned, rehydrated, or homemade is up to you) at least once a day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.