Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two years ago Sophie and I went on a few road trips and she did great. How is traveling with more than one dog? This will be Westleys first road trip (about 6-7 hours) any tips or tricks to make it easier on them?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I would take him in the car for a quick ride for a few days before hand so he will get used to the idea of riding and it is not scary. Also if he gets car sick or stresses you can get some Rescue Remedy to calm him down but would not do so if he is not stressed or sick.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
We drove from Chicago area to New Hampshire in 2.5 days with 3 dogs! 2 chi's and 1 sheltie. The two chi's had a large wire crate that we put a pee pad down and both their beds in the back. The sheltie had her own crate. They were wonderful passengers. We stopped every 2 hours at least, for our own comfort, and let them out for a leashed walk. We had to pay extra at several motels, but others didn't charge. I asked the management to check our rooms BEFORE we left, so that we wouldn't get charged for something that wasn't our fault! Good luck. Sue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts