barking, and biting everything he bumped
into!

and when i tried to dry him he starting grunting
and biting the towel!

has this happened to anyone?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
ROFL... no, but I hope it does!! That sounds like a lot of fun!!

Cooper gets a serious attitude when it's bath day - I put him in the tub and he stands really still while I do everything, ocassionally licking up some water. When he's all done, I wrap him in a towel and we go outside (don't want the AC to make him sick) and I towel him off, we brush his hair, put on his leave-in conditioner and I turn him out into the yard and he just lays in the sunlight until he's dry enough to come back in.

Cooper takes his grooming way too seriously. I actually spend more time on his hair than I do mine.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Jamoka does that. but he doesn't bit things. he does laps around the whole house and then he barks at me while i'm cleaning up the mess from the bath and then when i ask him what he wants he'll runn off again and then he starts beat'n up on jemini. so yea bath time brings out a whole nother jamoka! lol i always wonder if he liked the fact he just got a bath OR he's mad he got one and wants to work off the nice puppy smelly stuff i just washed into his fur? :wave:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Tykes has had a lick of the bath water!

he always runs around like a nutter after a bath tho..runs around intill hes almost dry.. dose not sit still for me to dry him..biteing the towel he asks like we are playing a game coz im running around trying to get him..lol

He also had some sea water :roll: and OMG he went mad! he went running round and round..he had that look in his eyes :twisted:
barking the lot it was the most hyper he had ever been :shock:
he was scaring everyone :oops: everyone was running out the way :?

i have to keep my eyes on him just incase it was the sea water that mad him hyper.. :?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Wow... y'all are so lucky!! I want Cooper to act like a freak on bath day!! But, instead, I'm stuck with a diva-wannabe that actually tries to get in the shower with me so he can get washed. :roll:

*Edit* (I wrote this post before I saw yours) ... Cooper just naturally likes taking baths. I don't know why. He also loves to go swimming, although you have to coax him in the first time. Then he jumps out and jumps back in - hence, the double knee injury and surgery. He'll jump into any body of water - a kiddie pool, a shallow stream... the river... you name it, he'll do it.

I personally think he likes the bath because he gets extra-shiny when he takes one and more people notice him and tell him how cute he is. He's a ham that way. :D

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its pretty scary!...lol he looked like a demon child....he's taken 3 baths total since i got him almost 4 weeks now. first 2 times was in a sink...last time was in a tub....i was thinking maybe it was the drink of puppy shampoo that made him CRAZY

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
The kitchen sink works really good, if you have a sprayer. I don't, so Coop gets his in the bathtub and I use the hand held shower head thing-a-ma-bobber.

My first chi hated taking baths and he had to get one twice a week due to a skin allergy. He was a mean dog and would bite and growl the whole time we were bathing him. On top of that, the shampoo smelled like butt. It was easier washing him in the sink because we were able to get a good grip on him without having to climb in with him LOL

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was thinking about getting into the tub with bobo
but then i thought......"ew, thats gross" dont know
if puppy shampoo is ok for humans...................
i think he'd be calmer if i was in there with him tho.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
It's perfectly safe for you. I've had to give Cooper an unscheduled bath a few times when he actually made it into the tub with me. And I'm fine. Really. No twitch or anything. :munky2:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
LOL a Great Dane... and I just thought he "adopted" OmaKitty's attitude about grooming and all. I won't tell a soul though - OmaKitty would be REALLY mad if she found that out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
bath time

Well, Dan and dewy act way crazy too. When I am washing dan ~ he is fine untill the water gets near his face then he freaks out. I blowdry him and he loves it except near his face. the whole time i do this Dewy is whinning for some reason. Dewey is good at baths and blow drying. Afterwards they run around the house chasing each other and then dan rubes on everything in the house. It is cute.

Now dixie is a whole different story this is my Boxer pup. She is kinda okay with baths hates blowdryer she bites at it.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
star said:
hehe i put tyke in the bath with me 2..lol only the once tho!
well unlike you and cooper my dog are not gettig in the shower with me but one day i was in the bathroom with my mother and she took both the dogs in the tub with her! lol now that was funny :lol:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I give my boys a bath one right after the other. Buster is usually first because he can be more difficult :x and then Mr. Peepers, who is an angel and stands on his hind legs, all calm.

As soon as I take Buster out he starts going crazy, getting all fiesty. I keep my bathroom door shut so they don't escape. :lol: As soon as Mr. Peepers is done they go BERSERK! I open the door and they are gone. They run all over the house like tazmanian devils, terrorizing everything in their paths. :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts