Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since Bosco was neutered, he seems to be peeing ALL THE TIME. Thank goodness he is potty trained to use his piddle pad or I'd be cleaning up all day! :lol: Anyway is this normal? He acts the same as ever except he pees probably twice as much as he used to. And I don't see him drinking very often? Oh and his pees are not little one either! :?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Does the urine look normal (not dark, no blood)? Anaesthesia is a powerful drug and tough on the kidneys. How long ago did he get neutered? If this goes on for more then 3-4 days, I'd at least let your vet be aware of it. He/she may want to do a quick check on the urine to make sure there is no bacteria/infection present.

Keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm not sure ether. Harley pees alot, or atleast any time you let him out.
We would have a problem where in the middle of the night he would get up and pee on furniture or blankets that have been left in the chairs. For right now he has not been peeing in the house anymore (good thing to, cause he would have a butt left if he did :D ). Check with your vet, but Harley seems to do the same, I just didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
It may be an infection, although you dont "see" him drink can u tell by the amount of water in his bowl. Just catch a sample and run it to the vets.
Better safe than sorry. Maybe its just him getting bigger too and his bladder holds more or so it seems???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts