Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long after you get all the puppy shots can a puppy walk/go on the ground? and how long after you get the required kennel cough etc. shot can a pup go to daycare/boarding

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I can't remember the exact routine of puppy shots but your vet would proabably be best suited to answer the question about going out and being on the ground. I took Cooper everywhere with me before his time to be down on the ground but I never let him near dogs that I didn't know.

As far as doggie daycare and boarding facilities, they require all puppy shots and bordetella vaccine before they'll allow the pup to stay - the kennel cough (bordetella) is given with the last round of puppy shots, usually. Cooper gets his every 6 months.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
on ground

This is one of my biggest issues. My vets have always told me that they need all series of the parvo vaccinations before allowing them to be on the ground anywhere alot of dog trafficking is, vets, parks, pet stores, etc..recently though I have been reading that the immune systems do not take to the shots until about 17 weeks and that it is a waste of time and money to get the shots earlier than this so either way it would be a good idea to wait for the full series of shots, jmo. :wave:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just took Pedro for his second set of shots and I asked my vet when I can let my puppy walk around public areas. He said definately after the third set of shots. That is my vets opinion perhaps others vary...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts