Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup has become very aggressive around my other two dogs when there is food around. I first noticed it when they went near HER food, and she started nipping and biting at them 2 seconds after she was playing with them. Now, every time I have food and they come near me, she freaks out. What do I do? Is it okay to scold her when this happens/every time she becomes aggressive around another dog? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
heya roxi is the same its so annoying but i do tell her off and say naughty girl.. and ignore her for a little while it seems to work how old is she by the way? also when you put her food down try and take it up from here or put more in it, that way she will see it as someone/or animal going near her food is good as she gets extra food/treat
good luck im still doing it and roxi is a year old :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
She is resource guarding. Very common in dogs. However, it is not a good thing and can get worse. There are many ways to help with this and it is very important. Please google resource guarding and follow the protocol. Good luck and keep us posted .
I would be hand feeding her also.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I agree she's resource guarding.... However I think a little but is needed with other dogs lotus is a slow eater and daisy is like a vulcher so she growls a bit I'm not going to tell her off for it I don't see it necessary daisy gets told off for hovering

Lotus would never growl and a human after something she's eating she use to hate my dad and the other day he was fishing something out her mouth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts