Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 5 year old male Peanut has always had some anger problems but has gotten worse. We also have a 2 year old female Daisy who is so sweet and doesn’t bite. Peanut has gone after Daisy many times if she bothers him when he is sleeping but she submits to him so he doesn’t bite her. We have a gate that blocks off the mud room to the garage and when my husband leaves he will have one food over the gate and Peanut runs over and attacks the other foot, just this morning my husband called and said Peanut got his big toe and there was blood all over. I was thinking a separation problem but he doesn’t do that with me. Any suggestions???

Also Peanut started pissing all over our house since we got Daisy, they are both potty pad trained and he knows how to pee on it and does it all the time. I’m sick of pulling up carpet and having to put down bamboo flooring!!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Sooo many issues here, sounds like you need to set up some boundaries and get a trainer, also he is peeing everywhere because he is marking. U need to get him fixed, also a belly band will help.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Oh yes, Mr Peanut is having all sorts of significance issues. I would also agree if he's not fixed, he should be. I would put a belly band on him when he's loose and use the No Mark spray (it does work for my pack). I would also squirt him with water if he attacks Daisy or your hubby--i know others may disagree--but I am not up for people and/or dogs being attacked. Of course the squirt bottle won't get to the root of the problem, but it will help avoid injury. I would also make sure your tone of voice with him is very firm when he acts up, no "Oh peanut, you bad little boy' crooning that he may see as a reward for his negative behavior. Good luck--i think he will come around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your advice, I will try the belly band. Both of my dogs are fixed so that's why I didn't think he would be peeing all over.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I use a squirt bottle and am amazed how well it works. It doesn't cure the problem, but if he sees it in my hand he stops his bad behavior! With mine, I am confident that he will outgrow some of his issues. He already has - a little - on some! He's only 1 year old.
But I would definitely try the squirt bottle.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I am a big believer in the squirt bottle. i wasn't at first, but it is true when they see it, they quit their bad behavior. hopefully that will help, although of course not resolve his jealousy or whatever is driving Mr Peanut.

My girl Peanut had some pretty aggressive Mama dog issues, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts