Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red was in his favourite pose last night, lying on his back with legs apart on my knee fast asleep when I noticed a speck of muck on his neck.
I went to take it off and it moved.. huh!!

Oh no... it can't be.. but it is, a pesky flea.. I quickly sprayed him and then put frontline on Red and Jake but that wasn't enough for me :foxes15: I had to get the little blighter but could I see it.. could I heck..

I waited a little and yeah.. there is was and I grabbed it and flushed it down the sink.. I checked and checked for ages but haven't seen any more so hoping it was the one lodger.

I hate the things, good thing I can pick them up...

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh no it's my nightmare i go like a woman possesed,everything gets sprayed ,then the house stinks.I have a flee comb and as soon as one scratches i'm in there,do i ever find anything ?NO Glad you found the culprit

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
im so lucky, i have never found a flea on any of mine, not even the akitas, they get frontlined every month, the smaller ones every 6 weeks, i used to use a herbal one, but bianca would scratch for days, so went back to using good old bob martin, and of course APPLE CIDER VINEGAR in all their water. i do a going over once a week on them all, scratching or not. i too would stay up all night until i got the culprit!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a flea on my dogs and I don't use anything to deter them either :lol: I guess it's a regional thing.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apple Cider Vinegar does that really work and how much to water do you add.. I must admit teh last flea treatment was in September so well over due but at least I got the blighter...

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
i use a teaspoon to a pint, im a firm believer for using it for lots of things dawn, but i would still use a mild treatment

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brilliant, thx I will buy some tomorrow and use it the next time I bath them. Do you use it everytime you bath or occasionally

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A teaspoon to a pint but my boys don't drink that much between them.. their water bowl is not very big ane they only need it filled once a day.

I guess for the sake of only a teaspoon of vinegar it wouldn't matter if I threw away what wasn't drank that day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts