Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted to try agility with Corona ever since I got her, and FINALLY, I signed us up for an "agility foundations" course. We've had a couple of classes now and last night was lots of fun!

The first week we learned the tunnel, pole jumps, table, tire jump and weave poles. Last night we added in the chute and the A-frame and did a tunnel-->table sequence and a tunnel-->tire sequence.

The first week she spent about half the class nervous and distracted before she came around and started to focus, but she came around MUCH more quickly last night and I was happy to see her tail up within about 15 minutes.

The A-frame was hard for Corona.. it was only at about 3'6" high but there are no "cleats" until 3/4 of the way up so there's not much for her to grip and it's already quite steep at that height. She was really hesitant about crossing the gap at the top the first time too, but she did it with some coaxing and it was never an issue again.

She was great with the tunnel->tire sequence, didn't try to duck around the tire at all.

I definitely wouldn't say she's enthusiastic yet, but I'm hoping that will come as her confidence grows.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yay! Glad to hear that both you and Corona are having fun with agility. Lilo is following in the footsteps of my 3 border collies in doing competitive agility and she absolutely loves it. She is a fast little girl and everyone loves watching her run! What method are you using to teach the weaves?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's so cool! Do you have any pics or video?

Right now everyone is just running a straight line down the middle of the poles.. the trainer says we'll gradually move the poles closer and closer together and the dogs will naturally start to weave.. I'm skeptical, lol!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts