Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another mouse in my house *or mice*. We had a problem in nov. got rid of them all for good, or I thought.
Now they're baaack! :( Hubby can' t figure out how they're getting in. We are sure it was the dryer vent because it's low to the ground but he filled every imaginable gap with expanding foam. But that apparently didn't work.
I want to move out NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Ugh....we thought all ours were gone, but our cats caught one a few weeks ago :-( Little buggers can find ANY small holes to get inside.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
My daughter just saw one last night in our house :-( I put out rat poison up under the house but I hate the smell when we kill it. I have tried about every trap out there with no luck. I know it is the Coati food that is attracting them as she will throw her food out of her cage sometimes and we do not always find it?

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
isnt' it the most upsetting feeling in the world. :(
We have two really good traps. They are made by Pic and are black plastic and super duper easy to set. just pull it back and when the mouse steps across the thing that comes down is spiky and really whacks them. No blood or anything gross just kills them instantly. :) I'm going to go get a few more today and some steel wool, etc. I want to keep them OUTTT!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
We live in a trailer (a crappy one lol) so we get at LEAST 1 mouse a year. With this season we have Urmah (our kitten) so we haven't had any lol.

But anyway- have hubby (or you..cause I've done it myself also) crawl around the outside of the house and shove steel wool in ANY hole he finds. They can't chew threw it. That'll trap whatever is in the house IN and you can easily catch them. We use Victor traps (just the original kind not the live ones..they don't work for crap), put a little peanut butter or a peanut butter cup on it. It'll take like MAYBE a few hours for the mouse to come sniff that puppy and try to get it off. After you catch one, reset it quick cause there is probably another not far behind.

We caught 2 mice in about an hour one year. Thank God Dave was home because I refuse to touch them lol.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Urgh

I got told by some pest guy at work that they can get through a whole the size of a pencil because their skulls crush down or something yuck yuck yuck

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ugh! lol I hate those little freaks! Thankfully since we've moved here we have not had mice...we live in the country, no cats, so we're lucky so far! Been here almost 2 years now.

The apartment we lived in last never had mice until the people down stairs moved in, not sure if it was from them or what but we had one in the apartment and I freaked out!! I was too sad to kill it :rolleyes: so I had my cousin come over and put a "nice" trap down. He thought I was nuts for not wanting to kill it but I felt bad to LOL I know I'm stupid! :hello1:

I'd like to Crush some skulls!!! :evil2: Mwhahahahah!!!
LMAO!!! Too funny! I hope you get the little nasty!!!:foxes15:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I do not do mice! Ugh, shudder. I hate them. We live in the country and I was shocked that we didn't get any mice until last year. Got them but still wigged out about it. But in the motorhome? It's just something that I guess you live with having in the winter and then get them out and cleaned out for summer use. Gross too. I did find that those traps that they have now where you don't have to see the little critter are my favorite. They WORK and, well, you don't see anything. A red flag goes up and shows you they are sprung. You throw the whole thing out. Peanut butter works great. Ugh.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
LOL I'm hard core kerri. They carry diseases and pee and poop everywhere so yeahhhh i'm not feeling too kind. Gotta protect my family!!! :)
LOL I hear ya! We caught ours and set it free in the park.....far away...they are so gross. I remember the 1st night I saw it. I SWEAR I thought I was seeing things! I saw it in the corner of my eye run by and I thought to myself OK WTH? LOL Eek I hope we don't get them, living in the country we're most likely too. =( :foxes15:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts