Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mums friend wants to use my Jack as a stud she is willing to pay me £300 pounds or a pick of the litter. However seeing as I have just got Jack I have asked her to wait. I'm not letting Jack be used as stud till he has been with me for 3 months! (advised by his breeder).

Anyway could someone explain the proceduer (Sp very wrong) of "studding". Like how many weeks I hire him out for, what questions I need to ask the breeder person.
I can't find a Uk website with this infomation on it.

Thanks you guys xxx

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Well lets see..........

First off you want to make sure you have a contract in line for stud service. Let me explain how I do.

In my contracts I state that if the female doesn't get pregnant (and I know he is proven stud, meaning he has produced a litter) I will do one free return service the next time she is in heat. You can either charge money (or Pounds) or a pick of the litter. If it is a pick of the litter you want to make sure that in your contracts says, if she only get pregnant with one puppy that puppy is yours, for payment of the stud service. Also you want to make sure your guy has a Health check before hand the vet check is for your records that if a illness or anything happens to the female and the owner tries to blame you for it, you have that proof.
Make sure to see her vaccination records and a Vet health check too, before she comes over you don't want a sick female coming over and possibly getting your dog sick.
I would advice you have her bring her female over every other day if possible to breed them. You dont want them together all the time because this makes to much stress for your Stud and Her. Plus you want him to be-able to rejuvenate his sperm count thats why every other day.

You don't want to let you male stay over there, i myself am not comfortable with someone else watching my dog. Now you can keep the female over there with your male if you want the added responsibility of another dog. And keep in mind if she does stay there only breed her every other day.

I hope some of this information has helped you, and please feel free to ask any other questions you have!!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thanks so much! Its great!! I understand everything now!! Apart from how long does the Bitch stay for, I mean how many days or weeks??

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
well if you are going to take her. I would only suggest breeding her every other day for a week. You dont want some of the pups coming out to be to small. :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So even f I dont take her, do you think a week will be long enough for Jack to be "seeing" her?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts