Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor little guy, his leg is almost healed completely now and he plays a little rougher than my nerves can stand. I'm so afraid he is going to over do it and hurt himself again. More than anything I think what hurts him now is where the vet stitched the cast on because it kept falling down, it pulled and made an open sore. The vet cut part of the top off and stapled the wound together. It's much better now, not nearly as red or inflamed. Aidyn is growing so much, I was looking at the pic from the lady I got him from to now and gosh has he changed. So mature looking.

We've been playing with my Mom's lab, Tristan, and Aidyn absolutly adores Tris. I think its mutual. This morning Tristan came and laid down and him and Aidyn played for a good 15 minutes before I stopped it. Tristan is very gentle but he's still a big boy and likes to use his paws. I temper it as much as I can without being an overbearing mom, although I admit I am cause Aidyn getting fully recovered is more important than him playing. I'll try and get some pics of them playing and post them because it is precious. Tristan took himself to his crate after they played and is napping. Aidyn wore him out, lol. I made Aidyn stop as well, he tends to get a little over excited and runs in a circle and hops like a jack rabbit. I think he may be a bunny and not a dog at all. :D

The other day we took them to Keystone lake and both boys enjoyed it alot. I carried Aidyn alot because the only "beach" we found that had no "no pets" allowed signs was pretty rocky. Can't wait to be able to take him back with him having no restrictions. Aidyn found a baby turtle that was just where the waves were rolling up, I say found though he didn't even notice the turtle but was sniffing the water and the rocks.

Also I wanted to say thanks for everyone on here being so nice and welcoming. Even is Aidyn is only part chi.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Aww, that is so precious. I just got my Roxy spayed and she is trying to play more than I'd like for her recovery process too. The little darlings! :)

Oh! Billa and Aidyn are the same exact age!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw, poor Roxy. It's hard keeping them down for long. Still waiting for a few months to get Aidyn neutered. To speak delicately there is hardly anything to chop off yet. :)

It's neat that him and Billa are the same age.

Hope Roxy's recovery is smooth and fast.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aidyn got his cast off Thursday, and his belly is healing up where the tear was. He is still under crate arrest at least until he is able to bend it a little better. He has a spot close to where the break was, the vet said he has a lot of buildup and the place is irritated, hopefully the swelling and fluid will go down soon. I'm a little worried about it but it doesn't bother Aidyn and the vet didn't seem to worried about it. He still hops like a rabbit and wants to play non stop. He's also gotten alot more vocal. He's a good little boy but def need to work on his manners, lol, which is in full swing now that he has a little more leeway in his activity.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Glad to hear he is healing well. It's so hard to keep them 'quiet' when they are supposed to be.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. Funny thing this morning, I was flipping through the channels and ended up on one that caters to the arts. A lady was singing opera and Aidyn was on the bed chewing on his rope toy, he immediately looked at the tv and his ears went alert and head side to side. He was so interested in the sound, it was so cute. I would have taken pics but the camera is out of batteries. He likes watching tv sometimes, mostly action movies. lol. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts