Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pictures of Aidyn.

The first is from today while he was snuggling in my lap, after watching some TV he took a nap using his loofa squeaky as a pillow.

The second is from a week or so ago, he loves to sleep in the crook of my arm.

The third is from his breeder, the reason I fell in love with him. To cute!

·
Registered
164 Posts
awwww, he's so cute! is he a chi/mini greyhound mix??? the brindle is so adorable!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol...I'm not sure. He is supposed to be full blood Chi. His papers say so anyway. I don't really care either way. He's my baby and I'll love him not for his pedigree but for his silly ways. I've wondered about his being full blood as I've never seen a chi with his coloring before. Not that I know much about chi's, I'm still learning. I'm used to basset hounds and bigger dogs. The littlest dog I've ever had before was a rescued yorkie, he was 12 when we got him and lived to the ripe old age of 21.

I took him with me the other day when my mother had a drs. appt and someone stopped to pet him and mentioned the mini greyhound. I've looked at pics and see similarities for both chi and greyhound. At the vets, he weighed 5lbs. I keep meaning to ask him (the vet) what he thinks. Aidyn goes in again for a check up on his broken leg on Wed. So I will try to remember to ask then. lol.

·
Registered
164 Posts
he's very cute, either way! He just doesn't look like a full chi to me...but hey, who knows, I've seen some very different looking chis. Chis can be that brindle color, but his long legs, long snout, different ears, and big size are what made me wonder!

Well I thought it was a very cool mix, so either way he is a very unique and adorable baby!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Wow i've seen deceiving chi-pups before but he looks adorable. Very lovely color though, and yes he looks like a greyhound, perhaps because of the coloring.

Congrats on your addition!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
awwww, he's so cute! is he a chi/mini greyhound mix??? the brindle is so adorable!!!
I was going to ask the same thing. Irregardless of what he is, he's an absolute doll! I can see why you fell in love with him. He's so cute. Love his brindle markings.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Wow he definitely is stunning!! Did the breeder show you any pictures of the parents??

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Awww bless him he does look like he's mixed with an Italian greyhound his legs are so long like a little greyhound. There are other brindle pups on this board (mchis Maya) but I'm pretty sure he's a mix regardless he's v cute and u love him

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow he definitely is stunning!! Did the breeder show you any pictures of the parents??
No, she didn't. And I didn't ask. I didn't really think of it, I just loved the way he looked and his picture. Out of the pics of his siblings he was the only one who looked alert and interested in what she was doing. I've thought of calling the woman I got him from to see if she has pics but I can't find her number. I figure she just had an oops litter or something or maybe her female got out and another male got to her. IDK. His papers have his parents registered names on them and it def says chihuahua. Of course that doesn't mean a thing... The vet tech this morning said when I asked she thought daschund, to me though I don't see any doxie, except maybe his long nose. I see like several others have said the greyhound or even min pin as a few people out and about have mentioned. He's happy, healthy, and a sweetheart, thats all that counts. He's finally found his bark and only uses it when we play. It's the wimpiest little bark I've ever heard, and it still takes him by surprise most of the time. But it's cute! He's such a good little boy, and travels so well. He's coming out of his shell so much and wants to play so badly but I still have to watch him closely cause his leg isn't 100% yet.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
He sure is beautiful!!! I love my choco baby more than anything in the world, but Ive alwys wanted a 'one of a kind' dog- you now, one that there's not a single other dog out there that could ever compare and you've definitely got it!! He looks so... I wanna say.. mythical!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts