Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we just came back from our 4-day trip with the chis! Sorry not much pics though. The trip wasn't really for the chis, it's for us!:D

It was the first time we travelled with the chis by plane. They did very well. Well behaved and quiet, and were just sleeping in their carrier the whole time. We picked up the carrier and put them on our laps as soon as the plane was on air and stayed on our laps the whole time. We had opened one end of the carrier and they don't go out they just have their heads sticking out and the stewardess didn't mind. :)

To those travelling with their chis for the first time, when you get to the airport, ask for the "pet check-in / special services" line. This is different from the regular check-in, normally all the way to the end. We made the mistake of getting on the regular line only to be told to go to the "pet check-in" which of course has no line.

We got medical certificate from the vet but we didn't need to use it.

I've put peepads at the bottom of the carrier and then topped it with their blankets. They didn't pee the whole flight (4 hours) plus travel to hotel so it was good.

Inside the plane, just in case you need 'em, be prepared to have water bowl, treats, baby wipes and toys.

Once you get off at the airport, you can use family rooms if you think they'd use the bathroom. I took them there and put peepads on the floor but they won't pee.

Here are the pics...

Are we leaving yet?

Nilla at the airport

Hershey at the airport

Finally at the hotel!!

Had to setup pillow stairs while Hershey acts as lookout

I wonder what's out there

Hey Nilla, you think we can go there tonight?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hotel room view

Nilla relaxing at her favorite spot, my lap!

Hershey. Can you spot white shadow ears ;)

Did I win the jackpot??

I want to go home

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Heck, I can't believe how you guys can take your animals on the plane with you, much less that a swank hotel like that actually allows dog anywhere near the front door, nevermind inside .... unbelievable.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Aww, they are adorable at the hotel.. you got some great pics of them.. Hope it was a wonderful vacation.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I have been thinking of parking at caesars to walk to the strip with the dogs- cause they are dog friendly. That pic of you pup at the slot is precious! They have a "dog spa" there too, right?

I am glad everything went well with your travels.
Also- aussielass- I know from working at them that the ultra high end hotels on the strip actually have no pet policy because if you are paying $3000 a night for a room you are allowed to do whatever you want- biring your dog/cat/monkey whatever LOL. But a bunch of the hotels on the strip allow pets now. All of the ones owned by a certain company.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It looks like they have such a good time!! I actually didn't know animals could sit on your lap in the plain! And you guys really had a beautifull room, the view looks amazing, hope you had a good time too!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Fabulous pics! Very good information! I love the pics and the hotel had a gorgeous view!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
awww. loved the pics :). looks like you had a nice time on vacation!! my girls have never been on a plane but i'd really like to take them somewhere. we've only been on vacation travel by car

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Very cool! I'm so happy for you. I bet 4 days wasn't long enough huh? ;)
By the way, the girls look great and I really like those carriers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great pics. You're so lucky!

My friend and I tried to find holiday cottages that took dogs and it was so difficult! Can't believe the hotel has a dog friendly floor. Brilliant! :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all!! We did have a good time, pooches and humans!! :p

I have been thinking of parking at caesars to walk to the strip with the dogs- cause they are dog friendly. That pic of you pup at the slot is precious! They have a "dog spa" there too, right?
Not sure about the dog spa. I didn't see any, but who knows. And yes, they are very dog friendly. We were just passing through when I took the picture of Hershey by the slot machine. The employees saw us, but didn't mind. :D

It looks like they have such a good time!! I actually didn't know animals could sit on your lap in the plain! And you guys really had a beautifull room, the view looks amazing, hope you had a good time too!
They can sit on your lap as long as you don't take them out of the carrier. It's actually the carrier sitting on your lap. LOL.

Very cool! I'm so happy for you. I bet 4 days wasn't long enough huh? ;)
By the way, the girls look great and I really like those carriers.
Thanks! Yep, 4 days isn't enough. Would have liked a full 7 days, but had to go back to work unfortunately. I do love the carriers too!! I looked last minute for backpack dog carriers and found this. They have the exact fit for under the seats and the girls look comfy enough on them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts