Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
My hubby is on an ariplane twice a week he says poeple use the little soft carriers for little dogs. We just talked about this the other day. I want to bring my babies when we use up some of the airmiles next year, and he said lots of people bring their pets.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I bought my duffel bag carrier at Walmart and it said right on the tag that it is airlaine aproved.... I have never used it on a plane(for I don't fly) but if I remember correctly it is about that size...

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
https://www.flyi.com
This is the air line i use when takeing moka and jemini on trips it's cheat BUT it only flys out of 44 places. :wave:

Traveling with Pets
Independence Air is a pet-friendly airline that accepts pets in the cabin of the aircraft. Pets checked as baggage are not accepted.

Each animal must be transported in its own kennel (provided by the passenger), though small, compatible pets may travel together in one kennel. Puppies and kittens must be at least 8 weeks old and weaned. A maximum of 2 puppies or 2 kittens less than 6 months old may travel in the same kennel. The total weight of the animals and kennel cannot exceed 20 pounds.

Kennel dimensions are limited to 17” long x 12” wide x 8” high and must fit directly under the seat in front of the passenger. The kennel must have proper ventilation, a floor designed to absorb and retain solids or liquids, proper fabrication to prevent the escape of the pet(s) and prevent any part of the pet(s) from protruding, and ample room for the pet(s) to move freely. Pets must stay enclosed in their kennels while onboard and in the airport terminal. Passengers with pets cannot be seated in the exit row.

A $35 fee will be assessed for the transportation of each pet (or each container, if two pets are traveling in one container as discussed above) per direction.

Approved carry-on pets include cats, dogs and guinea pigs. Please call reservations at 1-800-FLY-FLYi to make arrangements for traveling with pets and to find out if pets other than those listed above will be accepted.

Carry-on pets count towards a passenger’s carry-on baggage allowance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check with the airline, they can give you the dimensions for their seats. It's also good to make sure they will take a pet in the cabin (most do).

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
That should fit... it looks to be about the size of a large purse. Plus, they can't the pup down below even if it doesn't fit because it's not a hard shell carrier (plus, I'd hope they're not that mean!). So I'd say it's all good.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I flew twice last year with my chi, and the carrier you bought looks about the same size as mine so it should be fine.

It totally annoys me they charge extra for our small chis. This is a real gripe with me as I can't understand why you must pay extra if the carrier for your pet counts as one piece of your carry-on. :x Most everyone has a carry-on that they stick either in the overhead bins or under the seat in front of them, so why should pet owners have to pay extra just because there is a 3 - 6 lb chi inside? Grrr.... not fair! :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts