Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I wanted to update with my airplane travel! I have to admit...i worried myself sick. I had a bit of a headache and was a bit dizzy but it went well! We boarded and people were already smiling and waving at her as we walked to our seat. I put her under my seat and she whined a bit while the plane was still rolling to the runway. But the plane was loud enough and you could barely hear her. The plane took off and she went into sleep mode. She just napped through the flights. I took her to the bathroom multiple times and put a wee-wee mat down but she refused to go. We had two flights and the journey was long but she seemed very content and sleepy. Everyone complimented how quiet and well behaved she was. I used the petfly's mini carrier for her, and i had it lined with a wee-wee mat and I also have her a nice cover to curl up in. When we landed my sister was waiting for us and had some turkey ready for her :)

Overall...I was so much more stressed than my chihuahua. And I realize....she had so much more room than I had in coach...She was able to laydown and sleep comfy...while I was smooshed and uncomfy.

This is the first time we are visiting my sister. And she was paper-trained at home. Really perfect. But here she is a little confused...she has accidents and I know we have only been here for 3 days but I was wondering if this ever happened to anyone else? I have her in one room with the wee-wee mat and her bed, and I tried to place them similar to home. Any other advice?

Thanks
:)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not unusual for her to have accidents away from home, especially since this is her first trip. I think you just have to keep showing her the wee-wee mat. She will catch on and remember where it is. I used to fly with my Bichon girl and it took her a bit to settle in when we got to our destination. She knew where the wee-wee mat was though and used it just fine. Lacy was a great traveler and as you said, she was more comfortable than I was, I think!

Jeanette

1 - 2 of 2 Posts