Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't understand pet health insurance. (This is not surprising because I don't fully understand people insurance either. :lol: Fortunately hubby does.)

If I pay $25 per month for Frasier's insurance that is $300 per year. There is also a $100 deductible. So that's $400 per year before it pays anything. In a typical year we'd only spend about $50 - $200 for shots and annual exam.

This would be advantageous if you had a need for thousands of dollars of surgery, but most people don't. If this need did arise, I'd use a credit card or sell something to pay it.

Am I totally wrong and illogical about this? I'm not picking on Theresa's insurance. I just don't see how this policy or any of the others I've looked at are helpful and would like to know because maybe Frasier does not have something he should.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, I dont understand it much either but I have looked deep into I counted up all the bills I will pay for babys medication for the rest of her life. The surgery sasha will go though plus if any back falls happen I will be saving ALOT of money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
TeresaAnn20 Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:21 pm Post subject: Akc Pet Health Care Plan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have this?

Its wonderful I just signed up for it and its great
I have been looking into that insurance and was wondering how it was. Can you tell me more about it? Which plan do you have? And as far as I know you pay for your appointments then the insurance company pays you back later. Is that right? How long does it take to be paid back? If there is anything else you could tell me that would be great :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks that will be good to go over. I know what the plans are but I am wondering if you have tried to use your insurance when you took your dog to the vet?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Okay thanks. You will have to let us know how it works when you use it. Its good to have the information you posted. It would be nice if the companies would just give all the info so you know what it is all about before hand. I was looking at the Wellness plan for us.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats what kinda got me is why they didnt explain the plans better like how you use them and what happens. From what I got from reading its kinda like taxes only a little different you turn your vet bills into them and you get your money back. Hmmm...Am I right?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
frasier's mommy ...maybe it's more beneficial to you when frasier gets a little older and needs more treatment ? for some people it's a life saver and for some it's not that important

kisses nat

·
Registered
45 Posts
TeresaAnn20 Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats what kinda got me is why they didnt explain the plans better like how you use them and what happens. From what I got from reading its kinda like taxes only a little different you turn your vet bills into them and you get your money back. Hmmm...Am I right?
From what I understand is that you pay the vet bill yourself then you send them the the receipt and they will send you a check to pay you back. My husband said that I should call a vet and ask them how they do it because they may let you send the bill so you don't have to pay but I'm not sure on that.

·
Registered
518 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
frasier's mommy ...maybe it's more beneficial to you when frasier gets a little older and needs more treatment ? for some people it's a life saver and for some it's not that important

kisses nat
Yes. Now, that makes sense. I know Baby is 7 - right Theresa? Thinking back to when my other dogs were 7 if I could have gotten a policy that did what this one says it does for $25 per month and covered pre-existing conditions it would have been excellent.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts