Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't understand pet health insurance. (This is not surprising because I don't fully understand people insurance either. :lol: Fortunately hubby does.)

If I pay $25 per month for Frasier's insurance that is $300 per year. There is also a $100 deductible. So that's $400 per year before it pays anything. In a typical year we'd only spend about $50 - $200 for shots and annual exam.

This would be advantageous if you had a need for thousands of dollars of surgery, but most people don't. If this need did arise, I'd use a credit card or sell something to pay it.

Am I totally wrong and illogical about this? I'm not picking on Theresa's insurance. I just don't see how this policy or any of the others I've looked at are helpful and would like to know because maybe Frasier does not have something he should.

·
Registered
518 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
frasier's mommy ...maybe it's more beneficial to you when frasier gets a little older and needs more treatment ? for some people it's a life saver and for some it's not that important

kisses nat
Yes. Now, that makes sense. I know Baby is 7 - right Theresa? Thinking back to when my other dogs were 7 if I could have gotten a policy that did what this one says it does for $25 per month and covered pre-existing conditions it would have been excellent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.