Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just registerd Cooper today and we signed up for the "gold package" it was an extra $27.00 and includes a 3 generation pedigree has anyone else done this? We had to include his kennel name so his AKC name is Charming Chi's Mini Cooper. He also just back from the vet he is now 1.9 pounds and 16 wks this Friday. My vet said chihuahuas mature fast and can stop growing at 6 or 8 months. I hope he gets bigger faster I realy didnt want a tiny chi, I was hoping for 4 pounds but Cooper will most likley be in the 3.5 pound range dont you think?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
My vet also told me that small breeds such as chis, tend to have most of their growth by 8 - 10 months. They may continue to fill out some after that, but as for length and height, he said they pretty much reach adult size at 8 to 10 months. Of course, that is average and there are always some exceptions.

I opted for the pedigree information when I registered Jasmine, but only because I thought at the time I registered her that I might breed her sometime in the future. I've since changed my mind, due in large part to the excellent info on this forum, and have had her spayed.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would like to nuture Cooper as soon as I can. But My breeder contacted me and both Coopers dad and grandad are no longer living and he asked If when cooper is old enough, ( hes 4 months now) If he could have one litter out of him. What do you think? He offerd me a stud fee, what do you think?

·
Registered
634 Posts
If his Dad is dead....and he's only 4 months old, what happened to his Dad? Maybe he was an older Chi...not sure, but that seems odd to me. I'd want to know what caused the death of his Dad and Grandad before deciding anything. Then, talk to your Vet...and decide if YOU want to live with a *whole* male.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I understand wanting a big chi. I wanted that too. However, Frasier went a little overboard granting me that wish. :) He's 9 1/2 pounds.

He gained a whole pound at 8 months in that "filling out" stage. It really was filling out. He got no longer or taller, just got chesty. Maybe your Cooper will hit 4 pounds then.

If he doesn't, it won't matter though. You're used to being careful with him by now and we always love'em no matter how big or small they turn out. :)

I didn't do the gold package. I just did basic registration. The thing I appreciated most was the new puppy AKC magazine. I'm suscribing to that as soon as I get moved and settled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.