Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- I haven't been around in awhile (new job and new male friend), anyway, we just got back from the Emergency Vet. Bella seems to have been bitten by something and had an allergic reaction. By the time we got to the vet, her little face had gone from swollen to looking like a Shar-pei's, she was listless and the skin on her nose and eyes had turned pink. She is doing much better now, we were so lucky... my new friend (bless his soul), found us a vet on New Years Day (we are visiting him in Germany) and within 15 minutes she was getting a shot. I was so pannicked! Just had to share...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Glad to hear she's okay now. Do you know what she had the reaction to?

·
Registered
803 Posts
ahhh this happened to mylo back in july-aug, he had an allergic reaction. if you type in "my poor little mylo" in the search bar you will find piccys of his swallon face.... glad ur chi is better now its soo frightning isnt it.... after mylo had a shot he soon got better!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
yeah id suggest keeping benadryl on hand at all times from now on just incase it happens again.

glad shes doing better!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for your wishes. Bella was sick again this morning and I gave her medication that the vet gave me (he warned me that she might have another crisis). Since then she has had no problems. Phew! But I have to admit, I'm a nervous wreck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, this is my first post, but I've lurked for awhile.

Anyway, I looked at the pictures from the "poor mylo" thread, and the exact thing happened to my chi several times. It started out as a small bump, and I thought it was a bug bite, but it kept spreading and getting worse. So I called the vet and he told me to give her children's liquid benedryl and wash her with dish soap. It happened a few times after that, and when I immediately washed her face with the dish soap it removed whatever was irritating her and the swelling stopped spreading and went down. I also give her a dose of benedryl to help. We never knew for sure what caused it, but I think we narrowed it down to getting sprayed by these weird stink bugs in our backyard- thank goodness we recently moved! The dish soap might not help a bug bite, but it's worth a shot next time the scary swelling starts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts