Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiyas, I am Mandy from Texas and the proud mom of a 6 week old baby Chihuahua, (we were told she was older) just saying hello to everyone and I will say i am kind of a Noob with having a puppy but she is growing like a weed, her name is Bobbi and she is full of energy and cute!!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your baby is a REAL baby! Make sure you have nutri-cal or honey available for low blood sugar. Babies that little MUST eat at least 4 times a day, and have food down at night. I used a puppy playpen that had room for a bed, water and food dishes, and a few toys/chews. She was in there unless she could be watched like a hawk.

Ask any questions you want, we'll try to help you out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
she has Nutrical and I give here just a bit between meals it really helped with her wobbling, she eats like a piggie and is growing so fast, her first little dress is coming in the mail (she gets cold easy) she has a crate with blanket, toys, water, and a stuffed armadillo she uses as a pillow she is so much fun to be around and did so well on her first bath she was icky, the blow dryer if her favorite thing she acted like a model posing lol I love my little girl so much thanks to everyone who will give advice on puppies and I think everyones chi is just so cute!!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
she has Nutrical and I give here just a bit between meals it really helped with her wobbling, she eats like a piggie and is growing so fast, her first little dress is coming in the mail (she gets cold easy) she has a crate with blanket, toys, water, and a stuffed armadillo she uses as a pillow she is so much fun to be around and did so well on her first bath she was icky, the blow dryer if her favorite thing she acted like a model posing lol I love my little girl so much thanks to everyone who will give advice on puppies and I think everyones chi is just so cute!!
wow she is REAL young! but i do think a blow dryermay be too much for her? i didnt introduce one of those until KC was a couple months old since dogs feel diff temperatures than us humans do. i hope she is doing well and does not miss her momma too much! the first dress is always so exciting!...hope she accepts wearing them hehe :] i always kept a bit of dry food in the playpen when i got her at 8 weeks old, def. didnt want her to go thru the hyp. enjoy! p.s: as much as we love dressing our furbabies up please remember to not keep the clothes on daily as their fur needs to grow and have air to breathe naturally just like how you shouldnt bathe them too much so the oils can be produced :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks she is doing great being away from her mom it worried me so much at first but she seems ok, oh no I just let her wear the dresses for fun and on walks I got her a tee and it was to big I had to use a hair tie to keep it on she loved it pranced around, so I got her something that fits lol, I used the lowest setting on the blow dryer a ways away from her I used to groom dogs and know to really keep an eye on them she acts like shes grown lol she really needed a bath she was icky when I get her I usually just wipe her down but this time she really made a mess thats a good idea the food in the pen i need to find something softer her teeth are to little for non crushed dry food poor little girl teeths on everything

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Hello and welcome, she sounds so adorable. Um she should not be going on walks till she has all her shots, chance of her getting very ill, the shots protect them , without leaves her fair game for diseases. I love her name.

We were told Ike was almost 9 weeks when we got him, but he was only 7 week, I don't understand why some breeders lie about the age of the pups, just want that money sooner , I guess.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
thanks she is doing great being away from her mom it worried me so much at first but she seems ok, oh no I just let her wear the dresses for fun and on walks I got her a tee and it was to big I had to use a hair tie to keep it on she loved it pranced around, so I got her something that fits lol, I used the lowest setting on the blow dryer a ways away from her I used to groom dogs and know to really keep an eye on them she acts like shes grown lol she really needed a bath she was icky when I get her I usually just wipe her down but this time she really made a mess thats a good idea the food in the pen i need to find something softer her teeth are to little for non crushed dry food poor little girl teeths on everything
sounds like ur doing great for bein a "noob" LOL :lol: love gamer terms as i am a gamer myself :] so 1337! bahahaha~ ok back to bobbi :] heres a tip that i found very effective: if the dry food is too hard u can always soften it up by putting some warm water in the bowl for about 3 - 5 mins and then take the water out and feed the softened kibbles :) works like a charm. i had to keep doing this until she ate the kibbles herself andd munched on them like a good girl :happynails:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yeah I found that out she is homebound till her next vet visit I dont even let her go out in my backyard to many strays she gets her next shots in 2 weeks poor girl she already hates the vet but loves the cream cheese kong stuff they have lol, yeah I wish they didnt lie either its sad they leave the mother so soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts