Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I hear lots of people on here let their Chi share their bed, which sounds like a lovely idea, waking up to them sleeping next to you awww :)

I'm just wondering though, when did you let them sleep next to you? First night, 2 weeks, longer???

I honestly do not believe I would roll onto my pup if and when I get her, I am a very sound sleeper and I never shift about more than once or twice during the night. (sleeping next to bf sometimes means I *have* to stay within my little triangle of space lol!)

Thanks, just like to hear everyone's opinions and what works for them. :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
paris,cosmo and vienna slept with me from the first night :D i made a ramp for them so they can go to their potty pad....
i'm not afraid to squash them ,because they shrieek us all awake :shock:
they sleep under the duvet against my belly or in my neck :D i love it!!!!

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
after the 3rd night i gave in and let chiwi sleep in bed with me... it was 3 am and i was sooo tired, she was not crate training at all and i felt bad just letting her scream and whine all night. so in my lack of sleep comatose state i was in i reasoned with her. i said chiwi, listen mommy will let you sleep in bed but i will put your bed in mine right next to the pillow and you have to sleep in there. you can get out to go potty but go down the steps and use the wee wee pad. no peeing or pooping in my bed. and it was like she understood me! cause once i say chiwi go to bed, she hops up the steps and right into her bed. (we only had one pee pee accident.)

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
well i got deano recently and he is 2, he is very small though. i let him sleep with me every night but i leave his favourite fluffy pillow at the bottom of my bed incase he gets too warm etc. He usualy sleeps into the night next to by belly with his hed resting on me under the duvet then i think he gets too warm and gets on his pillow then in the morning he will come back and snuggle up to you if he decides he wants more sleep, usually he just likes bouncing of my head though and licking my face, lol! i sometimes get scared incase i squash him, but he is one of those that wont budge lol! i love sleeping with him by my side though, hes like a little furry hot water bottle lol (im in manchester uk - always rains lol)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Nemo always slept on my pillow and god did he snore, plus when he wanted me to take him to go to the toilet he'd sit on my face till I woke up. But we never had any accidents or squashing problems. I think they are happy as long as they are with their mummy.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Guinness sleeps with me.. I can't imagine it any other way. I don't have a ramp because it's MY bed and I don't want him thinking he can get on it anytime he pleases. We (Guinness and I) have a deal. When he wants "up" he "lays down". He has to lay down first before I pick him up.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Roxy slept in for kennel at night for about 2 wks but she was already kennel trained we let get used to her new surroundings and she sleeps with us every night and I love it.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget has been sleeping with me since day 1.. well, he has had his bed next to mine and wwhen we was really tiny (3weeks) I would snuggle with him unitl I was ready to go to sleep and then i would put him in his little bed... Now he can go from his bed to mine and he will sleep where ever he wants to sleep.... like last night he was all tucked in with Mark and I woke up in the iddle of the night and Gadget was now where to be found.. I started looking around for him and he was tucked down beside Mark under his arm under the blankets.... once Gadget saw me he was not snuggled with Mark any more.. he couldn't get to me fast enough... hhehehhe

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jasmine has slept with me from the day I brought her home. Oh, I had every intention of training her to sleep in her crate, but the first time she started to cry and whine, that all went straight out the window! :lol:

I love having her sleep with me. She usually snuggles up against my tummy. The absolutely sweetest thing she does is when we first go to bed at night. I usually read for a while before turning out the lamp, and she will crawl right up to my armpit and lay her head on my shoulder and snuggle there. I swear it's just like she is giving me a good-night hug.

·
Registered
76 Posts
lol same here i had intentions of crate training my chih but it ended up in my bed. :wink: :wave: i just felt too bad letting it whine at me. :wink:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Lily spent the first two years of her life in some god awful cage at a puppy mill so there was no way I'd have her sleep anyplace other than my bed. She has her bed right next to my pillow and it's the perfect arrangement for us both. When she has to go potty she goes to the bottom of the bed and twirls until I let her down. She doesn't make any noise when she's twirling but somehow it always wakes me up. I guess I've developed mommy hearing. :lol:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
chimom said:
I love having her sleep with me. She usually snuggles up against my tummy. The absolutely sweetest thing she does is when we first go to bed at night. I usually read for a while before turning out the lamp, and she will crawl right up to my armpit and lay her head on my shoulder and snuggle there. I swear it's just like she is giving me a good-night hug.
That's so cute. Aren't these guys just the sweetest things? They soak up all the love we give them and then they give it back a hundred fold. :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I think I had Zeus in his crate for the first week and all he did was cry. As soon as he was in bed with us, he never cried again at night and I'm so glad he sleeps with us. Usually he'll crawl to my ankles and rest his head on my ankles, but recently, he's been popping his head out while leaving his body under the covers.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ruby has slept in her crate since day 1, well day 2 actually, she slept in the bath tub on the first night, lol. Because she was so easy, I never once had to get up to her in the night, and she only cried the first 2 nights. She does get in bed with one of us every morning though. And on one extra cold night last week she slept in my sisters bed :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts