Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home late from work tonight and usually I am greeted by my two dogs. The IG was there, but not the chi. I called her and she never came to me. I walked upstairs and found her on my bed. My teenage daughter claimed she jumped on the bed. Poor Coco couldn't get down. I was so upset with my daughter. This is the second time it has happened. I am so afraid of something happening to Coco. I don't know if it is her size, or if I am getting paranoid of losing her. Does anyone else have this problem with their adolescents?

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I'd be afraid Coco might jump off the bed if she got tired of being up there. If it's anything like mine, it's way too high. Then again, it's so high Lily could never jump onto the bed in the first place. Are you thinking your daughter put Coco on the bed and then just left her? :?

If Coco really did jump on the bed herself, can you close your bedroom door... with strict instructions to your daughter not to let Coco go in there?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I wouuld be so freaked... I would be so upset with my daughter that I would have to make myself scarse for a short time before talking to her about it....

I have steps for gadget for our bed so he can go up and down from it anytime he wants....

I also have a step for the couch..

I know when Amanda comes home I will have to make sure she rememebrs to be careful with him since she has been away so long...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
if your chi is teeny tiny, i'd definitely try and stop the whole getting on the bed thing. most people i know with small dogs either have the little stairs next to their bed, or they just keep the door closed at all times.

with chico, i'm not to worried...all my furniture is pretty close to the ground and he jumps on and off everything fine.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i have a ramp for my bed and its a total godsend, no more worries about vixie getting hurt by jumping of the bed and no more screaming from vixie to put her ON the bed lol. (i was gonna make steps instead of a ramp cept vixie can go up stairs but not down them...strange little puppy she is lol)

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I have a minature pine bed (get the from ikea) which has a pillow on the bottom with a case to match our bed linen and a little fleecy blanket on which the dogs sometimes sleep on but is also a step for them to get on and off the bed - Ozzy can get up and down but lily always used to struggle but now she has no problem.

i too would be upset if my daughter did that :cry:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know for sure Coco didn't jump on the bed, it is way too high. I grounded her for 3 days of friends/computers for lying and the incident. Coco didn't jump, but she would have broken a leg since my bed is so high. She even scares me jumping on and off the couch, but at least it is a lot shorter. Aren't dogs so much easier than children sometimes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts