Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a newly rescued chi who is practically bald on her head. Any recommendation for helping her.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I have heard peoplewith the blue chi's often have problems. What color is your little girl? you should probable take her to the vet, I think there can be several reasons for hair loss. Including diet?
Not much help maybe someone with more knowledge will jump on here and give you some advice.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Glyn has a bald head and tail and fairly bald on his body, hes 8 months, and blue & tan, just the blue is bald, unfortunatly theres nothing that can be done if its colour dilute,
is yours blue, any pics

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One is fawn, one is black tan. They are 1/2 of their normal expected body weight, probably severe malnutrition. Already vetted them and had skin scraping which was negative. Just wondering if any knew of a vitamen or something that could help them

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Could it be from
Flea's
Mites
ringworm
What colour is your chi and can we have some pics please?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Just on their head? Like around their eyes/ears? It is probably Chihuahua Pattern Baldness...not a whole lot can be done for it, you can give The Missing Link, my chihuahua Zoey grew back some hair on her neck/chest area on that supplement. I also use Melatonin for alopecia 1mg per 11#.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
If it isnt Chihuahua baldness and it is a skin issue you can try Vitamin E oil. Not sure what else to add? Would like to see pics?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts