Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance if this turns out long :(

I live in Eugene, Oregon. We are supposed to have a very large earthquake sometime in the future, could be tomorrow, could be 200 years from now. I have always had anxiety problems but lately I have been obsessing over this possible earthquake. The past 2 weeks I haven't been able to sleep, constantly worrying if the quake could come. I am worried that something could happen to me, my family, my dogs, and so on. We do have a little emergency kit that my grandma helped us put together with water, emergency supplies, and of course I put a bag of dog food in there. I just can't stop thinking about it. I am probably going to see my doctor next week, because all of this anxiety is making my life miserable. I am not enjoying anything because of it. Anyways, my question is, am I acting crazy? Does anyone else have fears like this? Hmph. I wish I could just move away and not have to worry about stuff like this.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
We are lucky here in uk,but it must be worrying for you i have no idea how i would cope ,maybe somebody else on here who lives in your part can come on ,i think the doctors is a good idea he may give you something for stress

·
Registered
946 Posts
Missy, DON'T STRESS OVER IT!! So not worth your energy and health:) Look at it this way, what can you do about Mother Nature? Only be prepared, which it sounds like you are. I live on an island that is very vulnerable to flooding and hurricanes 6 months a year. The 1st year living here full time we had a major storm surge after Hurricane Wilma. My house had 3 feet of water in it! Talk about scary...it was my worst fear (well, one of them--I have a couple--lol) and we all survived. And I rebuilt/cleaned up and out and went on. It really made me stronger. I still get a little on edge when I know a storm is out there, but I stay prepared and know there is nothing more I can do (except when it's really bad take a valium-lol). Really, your not silly just afraid. Check out the book The Worry Cure, it has some good stuff in it--my Dr. really liked it when I showed it to him. Glad you are going to see someone about your anxiety though, cause it can really eat you up....just know you are not alone:)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Aww sounds like you have really bad anxiety!!

The truth is, you are living a hell worrying about an earthquake that may not even happen for another 200 years, so all of these sleepless nights are worse!

I send you lots of virtual hugs

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I live in an earthquake state, California. I lived through some bad ones and I survived just fine. It's just like you are on a good rollercoaster, not even a great rollercoaster because you don't get to go upside-down. Having one like the ones in Japan just doesn't happen that often in the states because we are not an island. You are prepared for one (I'm not. lol) and it may never come. Sorry you are so anxious over it. Talk to your doctor, see if he can give a mild sedative to take the edge of the fear off.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your advice. I know the reason I have become so worried lately is because I have been reading articles talking about how the earthquake could happen anytime. I will do my best to be prepared but not stress about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts