Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,118 Posts
After her first exam I had to leave her there for 5 hours, so i went to mall and got something to eat, I am on a strict diet because of Candida, I can only eat raw. vegetables and chicken, fish, nothing even with hint of sugar, yeast, egg, dairy, Well I was very bad, don't tell my husband, lol, but I got bananas foster french toast, with lots of caramel sauce. It was so good. but feel very guilty now...
There was so many people with cats and dogs with cancer so sad. many of them old in 15 years of age, do you think an animal that old if you would put thousands of dollars to saving them to give you just few more years. I am not sure. I guess it all depends.
I know a little of what you are going through. Quigley has kidney issues and is on a protein free diet. I have to take Quigley to UGA (University of Georgia). Our visits at UGA sound much like yours. Drop him off go to town for a while then go back to the school get the report and course of action when I pick him up. He had 2 surgeries there (not for his kidneys) and had ICU care each time. $$$ well spent. I do not regret a penny. I thank God I had the $$ to do it. If we did not have the money then we would do the best we could afford. Each person has to do whats best for them emotionally and financially.

As far as the french toast. Hope it did not make you more ill. And good for you! I bet it was amazing!

· Registered
2,118 Posts
So far the bill was $700.00 have no idea yet what the next visit will Cost. Christmas will be very little this year and I told my husband that my present for my Birthday and Christmas. it is hard as my husband just got back to work after losing his job for 11 months, still playing catch up. I don't work as I have lots medical issues my self.
You might talk to the vet's at MSU and discuss the cost and your concern. Let them know you are on a budget and maybe they can recommend a vet that can do the procedure for less money. If MSU is like UGA it's a learning vet school with the student's on rotation. There are vet's out there that went to school there and are very capable of performing the surgery she needs. Although having the surgery at the school has it's benefits because it is a school they have all the best equipment right there on hand that they will need. I really don't think Quigley would have made it through his first surgery had he not been at UGA. He had a hard time processing the anthestia. It was touch and go for a couple of days. They had all the equipment they needed to get him through the tough parts. My home vet just was not set up for his needs. My vet is a great vet who knows his limitations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.