Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blanket on floor for Amberleah to play on with her toys, I also had a pink baby blanket for her to use and go to sleep. I also put her to bed at night in crate with this pink blanket. I thought I better get her used to wanting to sleep in her crate so I took the pink blanket and put in crate. She is able to get in and out of the crate no problem so I showed her that I put the blanket in there and put her under it when I seen her getting tired. She went right to sleep. All day today she went in on her own went under blanket and went to sleep. What a big girl she is at 1 1/2 lbs. :hello1:

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Chis are such smart little rascals.. and ours take "ownership" of anything they perceive as theirs..:D as well as some things that are mine..lol

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi theresa thanks for the advice on putting blanket in crate my buster is 9 months old but he doesnt go in kennal unless i put him in ill try to put his blankie in and see if hell go in by hisself i leave the door open so he knows hes not confined but for some reason he has not done it yet

·
Registered
477 Posts
Lavender will burrow under a blanket and go to sleep, on the couch or in a snuggle bed. I've gone looking for her a few times and finally seen a tail or foot sticking out from under a blanket. She loves to be covered up and sleeps under the blankets with me at night. Cosmo Bichon sleeps on his pillow, but Lavender likes to be under the covers.

Jeanette

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your welcome sheilabenny I just tried it and it worked, it was my husband's idea. He said you should keep her blanket in crate and get her use to sleeping in there and not thinking she can sleep out of her crate.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Both mine are burrowers, that's why there's a snuggle blankie in every bed, plus one in each of their crates, plus one or two always mounded up on the couch. They seldom sleep ON anything, 99% of the time they're under the blankie instead of on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts