Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday Amberleah wouldn't have anything to going up and down steps. Today we were next door at our other house. ( quest house/storage). getting ready for Family coming up. Amberleah jumped right on the couch like she has always been doing it. Coming down I am worried about, hard floors both houses. Now we come home and she has always been afraid of the steps going into to house she ran right yup them. Oh my goodness. I wasn't expecting her to do it and our 10 year old NOT declawed cat was there Dosen't like Amberleah) and she tried hitting Amberleah with her paw/claw and it was caught in Amberleah sweater and cat took off with Amberleah attached, Amberleah getting dragged behind. I was screaming and her claw let lose. Amberleah was scared and ran into her crate. I sure wished my husband got that cat decalwed. Worries me all the time. She is too old now. :foxes15:
Now have to worry about her claiming and jumping down.

·
Registered
201 Posts
lol my cleo started getting up on the sofa a few weeks ago,she's also doing the stairs,she can get up but not down,if she gets half way up she will come down but wont if she's at the top lol..how old is she? cleo is nearly 5months
aww i hope the cat takes it easy on her,maybe amberleah will stay away from her now she's had a fright

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol my cleo started getting up on the sofa a few weeks ago,she's also doing the stairs,she can get up but not down,if she gets half way up she will come down but wont if she's at the top lol..how old is she? cleo is nearly 5months
aww i hope the cat takes it easy on her,maybe amberleah will stay away from her now she's had a fright
Amberleah hasn't tried going down yet. Goodness anther thing to worry about. I like to wrap the cat paws if I could but I guess I cant do that. She is just so small. Only 3 lbs.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I used to worry when LeStat jumped on the furniture and ran up and down the stairs but now we've learned that he is not as delicate as he looks, he's only just 2lbs now, he's 17 months old and looks so tiny and delicate!

He tried to jump on my OH's knee yesterday and fell onto the slate floor I thought he'd killed himself as he didn't jump straight up again but thankfully he'd just winded himself!
He was fine within a few seconds....

You really do have to let them act like dogs even when it scares the DooDoo out of you...lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was stressing over Chloe going up and (especially) down our stairs but she has already mastered them. She is also jumping off the couch which makes me SO nervous but we do have a low couch. She tries to jump on to it too, just yesterday she used our boxer as a stool and now tries that at every opportunity.
Theresa, have you seen these?
claw caps | eBay
They're claw covers.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ami surprised by coming back down the stairs the other day. He had been going up them but not down and then all the sudden he followed one of my sons back down and now he goes up and down like he has been doing it all along. He only weighs 30 oz at his 15 weeks old and he has such short little legs that I thought it would take him longer but I guess not.

·
Registered
201 Posts
aww ,my other chi bell,actually fell down the stairs top to bottom,i had the fright of my life,she really squeeled poor thing,but it hasnt put her off :)

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was stressing over Chloe going up and (especially) down our stairs but she has already mastered them. She is also jumping off the couch which makes me SO nervous but we do have a low couch. She tries to jump on to it too, just yesterday she used our boxer as a stool and now tries that at every opportunity.
Theresa, have you seen these?
claw caps | eBay
They're claw covers.
No I havent seen those wow Thanks I will be getting some ASAP, Thank You...

Ami surprised by coming back down the stairs the other day. He had been going up them but not down and then all the sudden he followed one of my sons back down and now he goes up and down like he has been doing it all along. He only weighs 30 oz at his 15 weeks old and he has such short little legs that I thought it would take him longer but I guess not.
Isn't it Amazing what are chi do out of no where.

aww ,my other chi bell,actually fell down the stairs top to bottom,i had the fright of my life,she really squeeled poor thing,but it hasnt put her off :)
That would be scary, glad Bell was OK.
My Cat the one who has claws, was spayed and still groggy and fell from top of stairs on top my husbands head. That was scary.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds like Gigi. I never wanted her to learn the stairs in my house. One day she just ran straight up and down. What really scares me is the jumping in and out of the bed. My bed is kind of high and I do not want her to break anything.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like Gigi. I never wanted her to learn the stairs in my house. One day she just ran straight up and down. What really scares me is the jumping in and out of the bed. My bed is kind of high and I do not want her to break anything.
My bed is very high too, lucky she cant get up there, and sometimes I bring her to bed with me and I put lead on so she cant jump or fall off. She hasn't went down them yet.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Leah just started to go down the front stairs when she needs to go out to go potty.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i wish bear would learn how to climb stairs.my bedroom is on the second floor n i have to carry him up n down.the funny thing is hes the biggest of my pups(bailey is 5mths,emily loulou is 4 1/2mths n bear is 2 1/2mths)but hes the only one that cant climb the stairs-i think he has the 'puppy clumsies'.:D:D:Dwe have puppy stairs at the base of the bed n he cant climb those either:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts