Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to get other's views on this?

Reposting: HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU VACCINATE YOUR DOG?, an interview with Dr. Ronald Schultz in 4 parts: (1)
(2)
(3)
(4)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I haven't watched the whole series but I know that Dr. Schultz has been a pioneer in the field of vaccinations and over vaccinations/vaccinosis. Dr. Becker is also well known in the naturopathic holistic vet medicine world and agrees with a limited vaccine protocol.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Very interesting -- wish there was a text version so people could read and not watch, but I think watching does add something!!

I wish more people were aware of this kind of thing. Titering IS expensive, but IMO, its worth it, and cheaper than another problem that might be caused by over-vaccination. There is only 1 vet in our town that does titers and it hurts the wallet for sure.

How people and vets can just IGNORE this information baffles me. Vaccines are killing our pets or causing them problems yet we just keep giving them. He says right in the video -- a final shot at 14-16 weeks for DAP and a titer 2-4 weeks after demonstrating response, and that animal is immune for LIFE.

When we raise puppies we've been planning to do what Dr. Karen does -- one at 9 weeks and one at 15 weeks (puppies will stay here til 16 weeks), and buyers will be advised not to have them vaccinated again prior to titering. Obviously people will do what they want...but that will be our recommendation.

Vets seem to blow off reactions, yet they say -- you shouldn't vaccinate again if there was a reaction and you can titer immunity. Why don't people/hear/know that? Leah had a reaction to her DAP shot and she will NEVER get another one. No, no, no, no. It could kill her, why would I do that to her? Yet you see and hear of people doing it over and over and over again, saying "but my vet says---".

In the last video he talks about what he would do with HIS puppy...considering he can gauge when pup's immunity has worn off from a nomograph, he says he'll give JUST ONE, titer, and then never re-vaccinate again! Its time to wake up people, the protocols we have are hurting our pets :(

The part that sucks the most is he says his rabies choices are dictated by the law -- not his knowledge of immunity. And it doesn't sound like rabies laws are changing any time soon :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts