Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment with the head of the Journalism department at my university to discuss finishing my degree externally.
I am so scared about it though!
I mean, what if I am making a huge mistake????
What if it changes my life in a big way that I dont like??
Im scared working full time will mean I dont get to see my partner as much even though I dont see him during the week during the day at all.

Just so many fears and worries! How do you know what the right thing is?? AHH :cry:

Just had to vent.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
wow - think positive! positive thoughts! honestly it really helps - worrying can often make it a little worse as you panick then mess up, just take it easy, no rush! you'll be fine!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
xfayex said:
wow - think positive! positive thoughts! honestly it really helps - worrying can often make it a little worse as you panick then mess up, just take it easy, no rush! you'll be fine!
i agree Cass, one step at a time :wave:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Almost nothing is irreversible so if you find you've made a mistake you have lots of time to fix it. Most people change their careers many, many times during their working lives. Most people that I know don't even earn a living doing what they studied in college. It's unlikely you'll settle on one thing at your age and end up doing it for the next 40 years.

Take it one step at a time. Try something that sounds like fun and will provide you with a decent income. If it doesn't work out, try something else. Eventually you'll find what works best for you and makes you happy.

Best of luck. :)

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Peppy's Mum said:
How do you know what the right thing is??
That's the great thing about life! It's all a learning experience. If we knew what was the right thing to do all of the time, what could we possibly learn?

It'll be o.k. :wink:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Everything will be OK!! Take a deep breath and relax. Good luck :wink: Life is unpredictable but you seem very responsible ( college Journalism wow!!) i think youll do fine when you meet with the head of your Jornalism Dept. You and your mate will do fine also!! I only see my husband 3 days a week ( he travels on his job ) keep us posted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts