Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the inevitable has happened - I've decided to keep Lulu, whom I was officially fostering for Chihuahua Rescue. She's been accepted by the others, and is now an inextricable part of the pack. And I adore her - she's just so loveable, and as she's settled down she's revealing a really cheeky side to her character which is adorable. So here she is: chihuahua no.4 (and the last for a good long while, I think)!

Since I got her, she's put on weight, gained in confidence, and has regained a set of sparkling white teeth thanks to raw feeding and natural treats. Lulu couldn't be a more rewarding dog - now all I have to work on is her tendency to go ballistic at the mere sight of strange dogs.

And, as a bonus picture (Stella: I'm looking at you!) here's Florrie looking disgruntled in her chastity knickers. Due to the fact that she couldn't be spayed after her first season, she's having to go through a second, which is a bit of a drag, but can't be helped.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Lucky Lulu :) It is great to see them flourish with a combination of good food and love.
Florrie is as gorgeous as ever, even with her grumpy face on lol. Where did you find pants tiny enough for her? They are fab.
We need pics of the boys now, and one of the whole pack together.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Oh Sarah, your such a failure (meant in the nicest possible way) Lulu is gorgeous. This is exactly why I don't foster, I'm sure I'd keep them all. Your pack looks fabulous, two of each. xx

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh Sarah, your such a failure (meant in the nicest possible way) Lulu is gorgeous. This is exactly why I don't foster, I'm sure I'd keep them all. Your pack looks fabulous, two of each. xx
And they're colour-coordinated, too!

Thank you all for the lovely responses - it's nice to be back. :p

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Aww I had a feeling you would keep her from the start. ;) I remember the first picture you posted and she looks so much happier and healthier now. She's clearly found the right family so I'm glad to hear you're keeping her. :) And florrie is looking as adorable as ever, even if she's grumpy. haha

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Yeah beautiful! Sometimes you need to be a foster failure! I hold the record with our rescue. I failed in 24 hours with Gibbs LOL

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you! I love the support we give each other here. Yes, I'm so happy with my little chihuahua family. I feel a bit guilty at keeping Lulu, particularly as I was so adamant at the time that I WOULD NOT be hanging on to her, but at the end of the day, we love each other (she's curled up with her head on my leg as I type). She does need some training to address her issues with other dogs, because she needs to be able to go to doggy daycare with the others, but I only began to see real advances when I gave up the fight to stop emotionally bonding with her. It seems she's meant to be with me.

And yes, Camille, Florrie is adorable. Doesn't she know it..... How are the equally adorable Lilo and Rocky doing? :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Foster Failure!! I do not blame you, she is a cutie pie. I am sure when you saw how great they got along it seemed right. Has happened to me, some dogs just fit right in.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Thank you! I love the support we give each other here. Yes, I'm so happy with my little chihuahua family. I feel a bit guilty at keeping Lulu, particularly as I was so adamant at the time that I WOULD NOT be hanging on to her, but at the end of the day, we love each other (she's curled up with her head on my leg as I type). She does need some training to address her issues with other dogs, because she needs to be able to go to doggy daycare with the others, but I only began to see real advances when I gave up the fight to stop emotionally bonding with her. It seems she's meant to be with me.

And yes, Camille, Florrie is adorable. Doesn't she know it..... How are the equally adorable Lilo and Rocky doing? :)
For that reason, I don't think I could ever foster dogs. I'd want to keep them all or I would find it very hard to let go. lol I'm sure you'll manage to work through these issues with Lulu eventually. It sounds like she's done a lot of progress already. :)

Mine are doing great, both cuddled up to me right now. Of course they have to wake me up at 6am every morning by crawling on top of me for cuddles or stretching themselves between me and my boyfriend, nearly pushing us off the bed haha... but I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Awww how could you not keep Lulu? She is beautiful! And Florrie is one of my favorites, she's really a stunner! One of my girlfriends Coral became a foster failure too with her rescue (she had 2 chis already) and Pokey is the sweetest little man. I know I could never be a doggie foster bc I would end up in the same club as you guys!! These little monkeys melt our hearts and fall right in place even when that's not the plan. She looks so happy with you guys! :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts