Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little guy has to have his annals done at least once a month is this better than having the surgery done, he is a rescue and weighs around 4 lbs, any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Unless there is a growth in the anal cavity, chronic inflammation, or inflammation I wouldn't do the surgery. Have you tried changing the diet to see an improvement? Or is it because of anal gland dysfunction? Anal gland surgery is painful and a complicated surgery. It can also lead to incontinence and often times their problems get worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Add some fiber--human metamucil would be OK. Start with 1/8th of a teaspoon and go up from there. Try the dose for a few days, and then increase by 1/8th of a teaspoon until you see results. I agree with the above poster, about the surgery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your advise, I thought the same on surgery will try your suggestions..he is a very picky eater having a hard time finding something he will eat for very long even cooking his chicken and beef meatloaf with veggies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try to eliminate any corn, potato, oatmeal, wheat, rice or soy. Try a variety of protein sources. Unaddressed food allergies can contribute to anal sac problems. Having good stool consistency helps to relieve the anal sacs too. If his poop isn't firm enough the sacs may not be getting the pressure on them to be relieved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts