Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Koko just turned 3 years old this month. In July he started dragging his behind and licking it. Took him to the Vet and she expressed his sacs. He has been to the Vet 4 times since July and at times he still does it. Does anyone have or has had this problem, if so what did you do for him or her. Thanks :sunny:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Anal sacs are the bane of existance for many dogs! Dogs drag their bottoms along a carpet to empty them. A food that is high in fiber may do the trick. Ask your vet about this problem. Some dogs go to a groomer just for this---.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Susan, it was very helpful. Koko eats Taste of the Wild which has fiber so hopefully it'll help in time. Meanwhile we'll take him to the Vet when he needs it. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Tango suffers badly from allergies. I've noticed that he drags his butt more when his allergies act up. My vet told me that it's one of the places that can start to itch badly when he has an allergy attack and he'll drag his butt to scratch the itch, rather than anything to do with his anal glands.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When we took Koko to the Vet last week to have his anal sacs expressed, she said they were pretty full. She also told us that dragging his butt could be from allergies. We were giving him 1/4 Benadryl tablet once a day for his itching around his neck area but we had stopped for a couple months because it got better. So after reading your post about it could be from allergies and what the Vet told us, we are on the Benadryl again, so time will tell. Thanks :sunny:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts