Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is another male i'm looking at from a different breeder.
He was born 2/6 * site says she not sure if he is a "brush type" coat or LC

and another one of her litters.

males are on the sides, female in center. These are from a dam that is notorious for having really small pups. BUT they look SC. :(
and another from this breeder:

Red one is male.
And....... leila's breeder is having several lc litters coming up due this mo. so it will be a veritable smorgasbord! :laughing9:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Tee-hee...gotta love the puppy pictures. But you can't tell really anything else other than color! Never heard of a "brush type" SC haha, I might steer clear of that breeder? I mean, maybe not, I would just wonder why she is using some random term?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Oooh! I love the coat color of that 2nd picture pup in the middle. I am sure it will change but it is striking :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Super cute puppies. :) So hard to tell much from those pics though. Have you decided on a long coat now, Cheryl, or are you still unsure? What the heck is a brush type coat? A short coat whose coat is thick enough (proper double coat basically) to require brushing? Is that what she means? :confused:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Never heard of a "brush type" SC haha, I might steer clear of that breeder?
LOL. I'd probably stay clear of her too. I guess she just means a proper double coated short coat but she is using some weird way of saying it. Or maybe she means something else entirely. Strange.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I was thinking maybe a SC that is semi long? Where when you run the brush through and it makes lines, LOL! Have no idea ;-)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Like I said.... ALLLLLLLLLLLL puppies are cute! Can't tell a thing from these pics in my opinion except that they are babies and their approximate color. ha.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I was thinking maybe a SC that is semi long? Where when you run the brush through and it makes lines, LOL! Have no idea ;-)
Ha, wouldn't that just be the standard double coated short coat? :D OR maybe she means a single coated LC. LOL.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Maybe she is referring to the brush coat that is found in shar pei's???

Shar-Pei coats

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Wow! I didnt realize there were so many types of Shar-peis? I would have guessed the Bear coat as a Chow, LOL

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
More cute babies! The first one looks LC to me...but who knows. I'm sure she probably meant double coat as he does look bush already. I like the darkest baby color wise but I'm sure it'll change. Btw, how old are they? LC's & SC's look the same until 2 weeks at least so there is hope for some LC's there! :D

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The first pup (cream male) was born 2/6 , next litter was 2/24 and the last one was born 3/2
The really dark one in the second litter ,she told me is reallllly small and she's praying he makes it. :( He looks like a dark sable and he is in the foreground.
I replied and asked her what she meant by brush coat. But the cream boy is nearly 1 month old now. She did say she is leaning toward him not being a LC though. :(

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Cheryl I am not sure what she meant by brush coat, but I can tell you that some LC do not have that thick bushy lion type mane.. :Lol:

Bijou is a long coat, but his fur is silky soft and not super long, He's pretty much been the same since I got him, he does not have all the long fringe I see on the legs and backside of lots of the long coats I see posted here, even his tail is pretty sparse.

I wondered if its because he's a small guy that he just does not grow the same amount of fur that some other doggies do, I cannot remember but does anyone else here have a tiny LC? how is the fur? B has a pink belly and very fine downy fur on it but its really short same on the inside of his legs, it literally feels like silk.

It could be genetic as well, I am waiting to see how my new boys coat is because his father is a mega puff ball!!! ha ha

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She wrote me back and explained what she meant by "brush coat" is that it's just a thicker version of a SC. I guess she wasn't sure if he was going to become a LC. Regardless someone is already sending her a deposit on him. :( I just don't see how i'm going to wait around and see how one turns out because if it's a cute one, or has good markings, etc. It's sold immed.!!
She did tell me that the male in the litter with 3 puppies, i think she meant the dark sable one but not sure, is going to be a LC as well as the red male in the last litter with all the cream females is going to LC. I like both of those colors but who know how the color will change. :( And i am pretty sure i want a light one. But my mind could change.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi i wish i could have anyone of them they are so loveable i love puppy pics thanks for sharing these pics

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Can't tell anything about the lil pups, but the first fella' is a cutie!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
:( I'm sorry. You'll find your new baby soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts