Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i have a question, my chihuahua speedy is 3yrs old and he has a bad habit of smelling his weenie when he gets upset or reprimanded. Is that normal or is that a sign of something? He also has really bad anger issues he doesnt like to be corrected. For example if he peeded inside which he knows not to if i tell him no good he will automatically show his teeth and starts growling and barking at me. What can i do? Thank you :confused:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Have you tried walking into his space so he has to move and keep him moving towards the door until he has to step outside.

Also I'd try saying no in a softer voice and then see if he will let you pick him up to go outside

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
It sounds like he is confused about who is boss. You need to establish your place as pack leader. Google "NILIF" Nothing in life is free. It is a great training system ;-)

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
When you get on to him and he smells his "private" He might be peeing just a couple of drops because he is scared.
As for the growling and when you get on to him we have one just like.We get on to him and he will growl and all.We just Tell him NO in a firm but not loud voice,then we go ahead and pick him up and either take him outside if that is the problem.If it ain't and he has done something else bad we pick him don't let him know you are scared just pick him up and either but him in his crate or in his somewhere you can see him and make him lay down and stay there till he has stop growling do not move away till he stops growling.
He don't usally bite because he stunned we pick him up with him growling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts