Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks :)

I've decided that for my final year animation at University, I'd like to do a Chi-related film. I study traditional 2-d animation as opposed to the (over-popular!) 3-D animation, the project brief will require a 3minute film approximately.

I'm not the "idea's" type of animator, I just draw well!
So far, my idea for the film is something that will be amusing in a subtle way, not over the top hysterical. I'd like it to look kind of water-coloury, like a children's book almost. The Chihuahua character and any other characters will be closer to life-like rather than over simplified, I think....

So I'm wondering, what sort of little Chi quirks make you laugh/smile/want to cry?! :)
It'd be interesting to see what other Chi owners find endearing?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,733 Posts
oh that sounds like it will be great i love it when mine do the chi dance ya know the one where they go on there back legs jacob does it for sooooo long lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,566 Posts
cool, I'll get my thinking cap on, I'm a trained Illustrator/animator :) but currently not working in the field in way too much debt sob :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know the dance! Lol.
It's so cute, I never even thought of that...

There was one time, James my boyfriend put his baseball cap on Lexi, so that the strap was around her chest (comfortably though :wink: ) she started running around the garden chasing him, she looked like a Chi in a turtle costume!!! :lol:

Nemochi, I had no idea you were trained in the field!!
That is really cool, where did you study??
I'm up at Duncan of Jordanstone, it's ok but we dont get any Animation related lectures. :?
I very nearly went for illustration, I like life drawing a lot and taking my time with drawings so it would've been good for me I think.
Animation is good too, just difficult if you want to do 2-d.
Nobody seems to want to do it anymore :cry:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,566 Posts
Nona said:
Yeah I know the dance! Lol.
It's so cute, I never even thought of that...

There was one time, James my boyfriend put his baseball cap on Lexi, so that the strap was around her chest (comfortably though :wink: ) she started running around the garden chasing him, she looked like a Chi in a turtle costume!!! :lol:

Nemochi, I had no idea you were trained in the field!!
That is really cool, where did you study??
I'm up at Duncan of Jordanstone, it's ok but we dont get any Animation related lectures. :?
I very nearly went for illustration, I like life drawing a lot and taking my time with drawings so it would've been good for me I think.
Animation is good too, just difficult if you want to do 2-d.
Nobody seems to want to do it anymore :cry:
I went to brighton uni and kingston uni :) sadly only Japan seems to be interested in 2D these days it really upset me sooo I left the field, I can do 3D but I dont think it has any soul, but am now working on a graphic novel and have the odd flash commission. Lmao was offered a job with EA games as a concept artist at the beginning of the year but was in the middle of a breakdown so I said no hummm big mistake :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know how you feel, I can admire films like Shrek 2 and Monsters Inc etc, but they just don't do it for me the way the old Disney films do. Have you heard of Hayao Miyazaki??
He's my hero lol. It's really because of him that I'm in animation, I've loved his work religiously since I was 7!
I'd love to work in Japan for Studio Ghibli......a guy in my class draws exactly like their style, he's actually applying for a job there when we graduate!

Aww hey that's a real pity about the EA job, do you not fancy re-applying to them? I heard that Aardman (sp) studio's are now developing some 2-d stories. I'd love to work there, I have a contact there who said to send in my portfolio early but I dunno...
I want to go into the concept art or background development area rather than animating. I can animate, I just don't like it as much :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
If your looking for some funny idead, ask cooper's momma! She's HILARIOUS! Pretty much every post has something funny in it. I get a kick out of it. She should have some good ones for ya!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,566 Posts
Nona said:
I know how you feel, I can admire films like Shrek 2 and Monsters Inc etc, but they just don't do it for me the way the old Disney films do. Have you heard of Hayao Miyazaki??
He's my hero lol. It's really because of him that I'm in animation, I've loved his work religiously since I was 7!
I'd love to work in Japan for Studio Ghibli......a guy in my class draws exactly like their style, he's actually applying for a job there when we graduate!

Aww hey that's a real pity about the EA job, do you not fancy re-applying to them? I heard that Aardman (sp) studio's are now developing some 2-d stories. I'd love to work there, I have a contact there who said to send in my portfolio early but I dunno...
I want to go into the concept art or background development area rather than animating. I can animate, I just don't like it as much :D
well once I get myself sorted I'm gonna get a portfolio together and go back into it. oooo I love studio Ghibli I have the whole collection :) in Japanese of course I hate the dubbing on them. I was considering learning japanese just so I can do concept work for square enix (final fantasy) their stuff is amazing I sooo wanna see advent children
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ilovekeiki, Cooper's mom is soooo funny, i know what you mean hehe!!
:lol:

Nemochi, I've got them all too!! I got the Chinese dvd's, which have the Japanese original audio and english subtitles. They are amazing, I love his films. I got the Disney release of Laputa for xmas, watched it once reluctantly and have to say i'll never watch it again. It was awful, even with the re-recording of the score. Just wasn't the same.

There are Japanese classes in the city but I don't have the time :oops:

I'd love to see some of your artwork :)
It's strange that all this time I didn't even know there was another animator/illustrator here on the board!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
ilovekeiki said:
If your looking for some funny idead, ask cooper's momma! She's HILARIOUS! Pretty much every post has something funny in it. I get a kick out of it. She should have some good ones for ya!
I had this strange feeling someone was talking about me...

I just spilled coffee all over my keyboard and I'm all sticky but I'll think about stuff and post tomorrow. I smell like a monkey right now. Mostly because I just got home from having poo flung at me by a monkey. More on that later. Right now, I need to head over to the photos section, look at cute pictures, then take a shower and get in bed. :D
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top