Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! As most of you know I'm thirteen and I'm the proud mother of Snap! Well recently I've been struggling with anorexia. I've lost 12 pounds in the past two weeks and I only weighed 119 before that, I was also 5'5. I do alot of sports and ahve a lot of muscle but I feel inferior to other girls who are so tiny and skinny naturally and can eat whatever they want. I really want to quit because I know how stupid it is and how bad it is for your body but it's harder then people would think. I just started to try and trim my thighs a bit but now I'm used to barely eating and eating is actually hard. I've never though stick skinny bodies looked good and I don't want to get there. I just need some support right now and any help for learning to eat more again from anyone who might have some experience in this area. Thanks!

~*~Caity~*~ :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Unfortunately I cant keep my mouth shut!! I know its hard for you - you must look at the long term affects this will have on your body as a woman, and hopefully a mother someday... :)
Are you involved in a support group? have you told your parent/guardian?
Your thin now - you were probably just right at 119. You must find peace within yourself and stop comparing to others. You will never be anyone but you. Learn to LOVE you and be the best you can be :D

You are smart enought to know this is wrong and smart enough to know you need support so GO GET IT. We are here too 4 u.

{{{HUGS}}}
keep us posted

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I think it's very brave of you to admit you have this problem and that it's out of control. You've got a lot more courage than I had at your age, probably more than I have now.

Let your family help you. They would never, ever forgive themselves if you ended up doing permanent damage to yourself.

You keep us posted, okay sweetie? :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Congratulations for being brave enough to see u have a potential problem and ask for help!

Definatley tell a parent, they love you and will help you! And remember everyone here is here for u if u need to vent or need some support!!

And its very true what KB Mamma said, you have to learn to love yourself! Cause you're super special the way you are!!

((HUGS)) to you and we are all here for you!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When I was a teen, I was obsessed with running and keeping fit. I was 6' tall and weighed about 130, 40 - 50lbs less than I should have for my body size and frame.

I never considered myself anorexic because I would eat and eat and eat, even though I would run a total of about 10-20 miles a day and constantly work out. Then one day, I fell and dislocated both my knees which ended my love affair with exercise and probably saved my life. It wasn't until later in life that I realized I was going to kill myself if I had kept that up.

What I DO know from my experience is you need to find a happy balance between what you think is eating healthy and staying in shape and just letting yourself go to the point where you're sitting on the couch, eating bon bons all day and watching TV ... you'll have plenty time to do that when you're my age. :D

Try this website http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/ for help. It's the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. All services are free of charge and they offer a toll-free help line, online support, assist in finding a doctor and more. They might even be able to help you tell your parents about what you're going through.

I wish you the best of luck. Being a teen really stinks sometimes and you're heading into the hardest time of your life - high school - you'll be able to handle it a lot better if you have your eating diorder under control. Just remember that you are worth the attention, the work and the acceptance of help when you need it.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
it sounds like you have the strength to beat this disease !! knowing it's wrong is the first step to healing !!!

get better soon and keep us posted :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
683 Posts
I know what it feels like to be like this, i was the same when i was 14 - i used to eat nothing and if my family noticed and made me eat something i would be sick in a bag in my room and then throw it away when i thought no-one would notice! And well they never did, i was very sneaky!

I had a lot of stommach troubles because of it, but the doctor never worked out what was wrong either!

I managed to get better myself, i thought about what i was doing to myself, admitted it to myself and found happiness in my life and that is what helped me and made me better.

I wish you all the best!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I just found out that one of my friends has been struggling with anorexia and bulimia. I found it so ironic because I would LOVE to look like how she looked when she was healthy. I can't imagine her having a self-esteem issue and doing that to herself. It sounds like you are the same way - you have a body that most everyone would love to have. Be proud of who you are!

There are support groups you can join - both online and in the real world...and of course we are here for you too. Take care and STAY HEALTHY.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Hi i am 14, 15 in september and it may sound wrong to say this but it is kind of expected for a young girl to say this - so many tiny frames such as nicole richie, lindsey lohan etc, people in the public eye changing the way young girls think. Yeah its great to be able to fit into that nice dress, to turn the lads heads but you can only be you, and to be you you have to love yourself. Maybe with the lads part - a lad will like you to be confident and to be you not someelse.
Ill tell you what - you go grab a sarnie and enjoy it! I think you should speak to you parents and they will help you (and i know it is so hard because its hard to spit it out and tell your mum or dad something) so personal but once you say it it can only get better from their.

Good Luck! pm if you need to talk! x x x

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well said faye honey!

I think you are very mature for your age (listen to me sounding like a granny :lol: !).

I just wanted to say that i read an article last night in a magazine, a girl who suffered from aneroexia and then bullimia since she was 10 to 20! Her bowel fell out her bum! she was in extreme pain, had to push it back it and when she went to hospital she had to get an operation - she got 6 inches of her liver cut out!

Now she said that thats what stopped her, something terrible like that happening. So plz dnt do this to yourself, speak to someone you trust at least :cry: - you sound fine the way you were before weight and all!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
LovelyChiPupz said:
Well said faye honey!

I think you are very mature for your age (listen to me sounding like a granny :lol: !).

I just wanted to say that i read an article last night in a magazine, a girl who suffered from aneroexia and then bullimia since she was 10 to 20! Her bowel fell out her bum! she was in extreme pain, had to push it back it and when she went to hospital she had to get an operation - she got 6 inches of her liver cut out!

Now she said that thats what stopped her, something terrible like that happening. So plz dnt do this to yourself, speak to someone you trust at least :cry: - you sound fine the way you were before weight and all!
i read that too - she was a very pretty girl! and she looked even better with her curvy figure! and thank you for that comment i think i am mature for my age and like to think people consider me that also. so thank you :)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I've have buliemia since I was 13 and am apparently genetically depressed I've coped with this for 10 years and havent been sick in a long time but whenever I get stressed it flares up. I have been left with a damaged stomach I cant eat a lot of things my immune system has problems and I dont think it's helped with my bones either so please be carefull u need to tackle why ur doing it cos there's always an underlying problem. good luck :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes she was very pretty and looked slim without having to starve herself! But it's a terrible thing to think to happen to anyone so i really hope that the girl decides to seek help!

You're welcome faye i think you are very mature and a lovely young girl! And deano is a handsome little man too, tho i cant work out what age he is ? :D :wave:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
he's two lol - and thank you for the lovely comment! i much appreciate it! and so does deano! lol, he looke evn younger with his hair cute now lol! he looks like a puppy! also with him being a really small dog for his age! - oooh i lurve him soo much!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts