Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some very cute and so adoreable fabric over this weekend. SO! I'm made a harness, not finished yet with it. I ordered some more hotfix rhinestones crystal and colored ones for more of her outfits I'm going to make her. LOL its so very addictive. I even found some fabric with turtles on it for another harness. But here is my hippie harness (as I call it.)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Very cute indeed!

·
Registered
725 Posts
It is very cute. I really need to get a few cute dresses for Penelope I had tons for her mom but her mom was quite a bit smaller than Penelope so they don't fit her when she was still a little puppy she could wear them but now that she almost a year the cloths don't fit right anymore. I'd like to get some for Charlie also. I thin he would look so cute in a black leather Harley Davidson jacket a spiked collar and a black leather cap or a plaid golfing vest and a golfing cap. I think he would just look priceless.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm new to sewing: do you need to switch needles/feet to stitch on velcro? I want to make Lacey some clothing this summer while I have time off from classes, but I don't want to damage my sewing machine!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm new to sewing: do you need to switch needles/feet to stitch on velcro? I want to make Lacey some clothing this summer while I have time off from classes, but I don't want to damage my sewing machine!
I haven't switched the needle or the foot yet. But a warning DO NOT get the sticky velcro, it will ruin your needle and cause other things to get sticky. One mistake I won't do again.

It is a learning process. Simplicity has a dog harness pattern for 97 cents and you can than turn the harness into a dress and so forth. I dont know if you want to add some bling but hotfix rhinestones are AMAZING! They can be a little pricy but they stick, or you can get regular rhinestones and get some E600 glue and stick them on that way.

Walmart also has some great fabric for decent prices and hobby lobby usually have left overs for cheap prices. Feel free to ask questions I will answer them if I can.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone. I am loving making them. I also love these hotfix gems because they stay once their cooled down. I also love the fabric paint which is why the hearts are glittery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts