Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! It's that time again! Two of my Chihuahua fosters are ready for new homes. If any one is interested, please contact me. And feel free to pass on the info to any one who might be interested. I am willing to travel (within reason) to meet up with an adopter. We are located in south Florida.

First is Gregory.
Weight: 9 pounds
Neutered, microchipped, current on heart worm prevention

Gregory is a super social boy who gets along well with all dogs. He needs a family or single person who is active and loves to spend time with him… Walks, the dog park, hiking, running around the yard – its all fun for Gregory!
Gregory originally came to me as a “medical foster” because he was displaying neurological abnormalities when he was found. It is believed that he had distemper as a puppy. However, after a few months of good nutrition and some exercise, Gregory proved that there is nothing wrong with him at all! The only reminder he has of his previous life is his tongue – it is always sticking out of the left side of his mouth!
Gregory is not 100% house broken. He defecates outside but needs a bellyband when indoors. I do believe, however, that with individual training and consistency, he will learn to go outside only (he was 100% house broken when he arrived at my house - unfortunately, I have a chronic "marker" who reversed a bit of Gregory's training).

Second is Dolly Moo (aka Moo Moo)
Weight: 2.5 pounds
Spayed, microchipped, UTD on heart worm prevention

Dolly Moo is a petite little girl. However, she has the typical "larger than life" personality. She loves to "smile" when she gets excited! Moo has bilateral patella luxation (grade 3/4). Also, she needs her teeth cleaned (which will be performed with my vet prior to adoption).
She loves to groom the other dogs. She is almost completely pad trained but still loves to go outside with the "big" dogs.
Dolly Moo came to me through my job. She was found lying in someone's front yard. She barely weighed 1.5 pounds and was missing a lot of fur. There was nothing to her…

But now she is much healthier!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I always cry when I hear stories like this ... everytime, you have done something so wonderful for these little ones I hope they find a forever home soon too!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for your positive vibes. 🐾

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wish our humane society did fostering. I would like to foster a small dog, would also be good introduction for puppy...meeting new doggies all the time and getting used to them. Two birds, one stone.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish our humane society did fostering. I would like to foster a small dog, would also be good introduction for puppy...meeting new doggies all the time and getting used to them. Two birds, one stone.

Fostering is definitely rewarding, but also very hard. Saying goodbye to each one is a difficult task.

Reactions: zellko

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hello all! It's that time again! Two of my Chihuahua fosters are ready for new homes. If any one is interested, please contact me. And feel free to pass on the info to any one who might be interested. I am willing to travel (within reason) to meet up with an adopter. We are located in south Florida.

Second is Dolly Moo (aka Moo Moo)
Weight: 2.5 pounds
Spayed, microchipped, UTD on heart worm prevention

Dolly Moo is a petite little girl. However, she has the typical "larger than life" personality. She loves to "smile" when she gets excited! Moo has bilateral patella luxation (grade 3/4). Also, she needs her teeth cleaned (which will be performed with my vet prior to adoption).
She loves to groom the other dogs. She is almost completely pad trained but still loves to go outside with the "big" dogs.
Dolly Moo came to me through my job. She was found lying in someone's front yard. She barely weighed 1.5 pounds and was missing a lot of fur. There was nothing to her…

But now she is much healthier!

Hi Chichilove,
I'm very interested to get to know more about MooMoo. If you can private message me that would be great. :)
Thank you
Dominique

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I've shared their info with a couple chi lovers and will keep on.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ugh! I wish I lived closer! I am all the way in California. I immediately fell in love with Gregory! He reminds me of a big Corona! They would be so cute together! Hope they find loving homes soon! You're amazing for the fostering!!!

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Did Molly Moo find her forever home yet? I do hope so, but know she's in good hands until then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts